• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    This is an FYI,

I had a slow day today, and went down to Oakland to get a few things done. I stopped at the Garrett County Sheriffs Office, for info on doing the live scan for the ******** HQL.

You will be able to have your live scan done for the HQL at the courthouse in Oakland- they are now set up for it. The cost is $38.

You will need to use the entrance number 317 on Alder Street. Its the door marked public entrance. You will also need to call beforehand to set up for the live scan @ 301-334-5050. The hours & days for live scan is Monday through Friday 8am - 3pm, but it is still advised you call ahead of time to make sure the person doing the live scan is in and not on other tasks.

If you live closer to Allegheny Co, it might be closer to use Scotts Security. I do not have the cost & hours info for that place.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Great to hear.

For anyone that needs the training class I am working out details with a local club.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Thanks for the heads up Rock. Maybe us mountain folk will be able to figure out this crap locally at least.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Is the training to figure out how to apply for the HQL? They couldnt make it more difficult.

I still dont get why they didnt set up a NON electronic application process, as an alternative.

Easy, they can't keep up with the paperwork that has been coming in. The web based process makes it easier for them from a manpower stand point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom