• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    Suppose I need to check the mail. Applied for mine on 2/15 and went active approved on 3/9.

I'll let the forum know when I stop and check.

MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    Very anti-climactic, but it's here. One of the most expensive pieces of plastic I've ever not owned by "Property of the MSP"

I'm John Q. Public. I pay your salary and for that hunk of plastic ... tell me again how it's not my property? :)

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I went active last Tuesday 3/10 and received it in the mail Saturday 3/14.

I am so glad that MD has granted me the privilage to exercise my 2nd Amendment right guaranteed under the US Constitution. I also love how on the back it says the card is the property of the MSP. What's up with that? Am I just borrowing the privilage or is it more fancy lawyer tricks so incase they tell you to turn it in and you don't they can also charge you with theft?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Actually you are in fact borrowing your rights. This piece of plastic is only good for 10 years. After that, who knows what will happen.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Actually you are in fact borrowing your rights. This piece of plastic is only good for 10 years. After that, who knows what will happen.
    Probably tell us we need a G&S reason to purchase a handgun and self defense won't be one of them.

atom33

Worker Drone - 7G
    Dec 7, 2008
    AmerikaTown
    Got the card in the mail today, 23 total days from application date (18 days to certification/approval, 5 days for mailing). Used http://www.fyifingerprints.com in Ellicott City by the courthouse for Livescan prints. Here's a Livescan form with the HQL-specific info filled out: http://www.fyifingerprints.com/HQL%20Livescan%20Form.pdf Had prior 'non-disapproval' for a pistol, so no 'training' requirement.

By the way, MDSP site says Internet Explorer is required, but I used Safari 7 with no problem.

Elgan

NRA Endowment Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Harford County
    Submitted the training exempt application tonight along with my DD-214. Now, we wait and see how things go (not expecting anything to pop, obviously). I'm heartened by the relatively quick 3-ish week turnaround time. Last time I stopped by these parts of the Internet it was a 3-5 month backlog.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Actually you are in fact borrowing your rights. This piece of plastic is only good for 10 years.

Crappy as that is, it's infinitely better than partial forfeiture of the right by refusal to get the card.

Break in your card soon. You'll be glad you did.

Diek

Feb 13, 2015
    Baltimore
    I emailed the MDSP a question regarding the weapons training exemption. On average right now, does anyone know how long does it take for the MDSP to respond?

Diek

Feb 13, 2015
    Baltimore
    Thanx for the info. I wrote them last week and just resent the message this morning. Still no reply...then again, the question i asked may require higher ups to get involved to give a satisfactory answer.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    It should be. I got mine fast, but it was last year. Its free for permit holders. No live scan and no background check as far as I know.

You sir are correct. I applied yesterday, Sunday at 1600 and my application was listed as active as of 0930 this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom