• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    What's the total cost for the HQL? I just payed $76. to Maryland Live Scan. Will I have to pay more money when I enter my live scan info when i am completing the MSP HQL online application?

Thanks

I paid 55 bucks to the private outfit that did the electronic fingerprints, generated the PCN number, and forwarded everything to MSP; I paid another 50 bucks to MSP direct for the application.

All told, I paid a total of 105 bucks to exercise a constitutionally protected franchise. Can you say "poll tax"?
    :mad54:

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Applied Sunday 03/22
    Active Monday 03/23
    Received card 03/30

BUT I'm a permit holder. The point is that they're sending them out pretty quickly once going active.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I applied on Friday, got the CjIS letter Monday. Way quicker than i would have thought. Lets see if the rest of the process is as quick.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I paid 55 bucks to the private outfit that did the electronic fingerprints, generated the PCN number, and forwarded everything to MSP; I paid another 50 bucks to MSP direct for the application.

All told, I paid a total of 105 bucks to exercise a constitutionally protected franchise. Can you say "poll tax"?
    :mad54:

Heck, you got off easy...
    I had to take the HQL "class", which included the LiveScan, for $160, then the $50 for MSP...$210 total...:sad20:

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Heck, you got off easy...

I had to take the HQL "class", which included the LiveScan, for $160, then the $50 for MSP...$210 total...:sad20:

Wow, you got screwed!

I know it's not convenient for everyone, but MSAR offers the HQL class for $20. It doesn't include fingerprinting, but the instructor, Mo, is the best around.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The first two items got ticked off in two days, and I haven't seen any additional progress since, and it's been a week (see below). Is this unusual? Has anyone else seen days and days go by without any additional activity?

Application\License Fee Completed Mar/25/15
    MVA Photo Unchecked
    LiveScan Unchecked
    Training Unchecked
    NICS Unchecked
    METERS Unchecked
    CJIS Unchecked
    MAFSS Unchecked
    JIS Unchecked
    DJS Unchecked
    DHMH Completed Mar/26/15

I mean, I'm in no big hurry or anything. If it's a matter of our rulers getting around to it when they get around to it, I'm fine with it; it comes with the territory of living in Maryland while I am biding my time until retirement. I just I don't want the possibility of something getting gummed up. Thanks!

chiph411

Mar 24, 2015
    Ocean City
    At Last

I have finally been blessed by the powers to be and my HQL just went active today. Not an April Fool's joke.
    Application submitted the 8th of March.
    Now to wait on the mail.
    For those interested number was 049XX

Chip:)

Steve

Mar 24, 2015
    Application submitted 3/14
    Active 4/1

I am visiting family in Illinois so by the time I get back I should have the card. Then I can pay off my CZ 75 SP-01, and wait another 8 days to pick it up. Yay!

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Got my card in the mail today, one month to the day of submitting my application.

It really chaps my ass that the state has enacted these restrictions. 30 days from time that I submitted before I'm allowed to buy a handgun, the most commonly used self-defense weapon in the USA.

But, at least I've got it. Now I just need to couple this with a MD State Designated Collector application.
    So....

I went through all of that rigmarole last September/October, and as of last Friday I no longer need it - I finally got myself enlisted back into the Maryland National Guard. Oh well - better to have it and not need it, and all of that. The next step will come in a few years when I earn my retirement and I never need an HQL again.

I just wish I'd have gotten around to using it - I had a couple of things pop up financially and I never felt that I had the cash in hand to pick up a new pistol.

SVT11

Apr 7, 2015
    I submitted fingerprints and application on 3/25, 3/26 mental health check hit, nothing since. Training waiver (DD214 uploaded). Never got a copy of CJIS check either. Kirkster's post giving me a little bit of hope though, I'm at 14 days with nothing.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I submitted fingerprints and application on 3/25, 3/26 mental health check hit, nothing since. Training waiver (DD214 uploaded). Never got a copy of CJIS check either. Kirkster's post giving me a little bit of hope though, I'm at 14 days with nothing.

If you didn't get notice from cjis Id start checking with company you went through I got checked on 4/2 and 3 days later got notice of check and results. Still waiting for update from pending status. I just check site once a day but not expecting any change for another week or so.

Sent from a galaxy far, far, away....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom