• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    The production of HQL's looks like it has been outsourced to a local elementary school using MS Paint.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    The production of HQL's looks like it has been outsourced to a local elementary school using MS Paint.

My guess is that they look at it this way, if you're stupid enough to try and fake it, they want it to be as easy as possible for them to catch you.

I was kind of shocked when I got my finger printing done because they didn't ask me for an ID. I said something to them about it and they responded "you are the only one with your fingerprints, right?"

Guess some things are important and others are not.

Sent from a galaxy far, far, away....

cornbrown

Apr 8, 2012
    Wohoo Progress At Last. UPDATE, Went ACTIVE 4/24. I think i'll go buy a XDM in 9mm or maybe a Glock 19 to add to my collection now.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-23%20at%207.05.17%20PM_zpspdjfb7fo.png
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Application\License Fee Completed Apr/03/15
    MVA Photo Completed Apr/24/15
    LiveScan Completed Apr/24/15
    NICS Completed Apr/24/15
    CJIS Incomplete
    MAFSS Completed Apr/24/15
    METERS Completed Apr/24/15
    JIS Completed Apr/24/15
    DJS Incomplete
    DHMH Completed Apr/06/15

When I was 16 my mom called the cops on me for smoking a joint, I went through with a JOINS program and never got charged on the books. Same thing happened at 19, got that expunged through a TASC program. Hoping my young stupidity didn't ruin this for me...

Horseu

Aug 31, 2008
    Reckless, I had that same problem today ... and another friend too. Started and completed the application today, but the button for paying doesn't work ... got a response that my credit card would be charged ... I hadn't given them any credit card info. Was using IE ... very weird.

tnava68

Apr 24, 2015
    This is just a tad frustrating
    from what I'm reading here looks like I'm still in for a long wait (of course I think more than 10 minutes is a long wait)

Application\License Fee Completed Apr/17/15
    MVA Photo Unchecked
    LiveScan Unchecked
    Training Unchecked
    NICS Unchecked
    METERS Unchecked
    CJIS Unchecked
    MAFSS Unchecked
    JIS Unchecked
    DJS Unchecked
    DHMH Completed Apr/20/15

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    This is just a tad frustrating
    from what I'm reading here looks like I'm still in for a long wait (of course I think more than 10 minutes is a long wait)

Application\License Fee Completed Apr/17/15
    MVA Photo Unchecked
    LiveScan Unchecked
    Training Unchecked
    NICS Unchecked
    METERS Unchecked
    CJIS Unchecked
    MAFSS Unchecked
    JIS Unchecked
    DJS Unchecked
    DHMH Completed Apr/20/15

It's only been 7 business days. Hold on to your horses Tonto. Most are getting approved in about 21-24 days.

acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Application\License Fee Completed Apr/03/15
    MVA Photo Completed Apr/24/15
    LiveScan Completed Apr/24/15
    NICS Completed Apr/24/15
    CJIS Incomplete
    MAFSS Completed Apr/24/15
    METERS Completed Apr/24/15
    JIS Completed Apr/24/15
    DJS Incomplete
    DHMH Completed Apr/06/15

When I was 16 my mom called the cops on me for smoking a joint, I went through with a JOINS program and never got charged on the books. Same thing happened at 19, got that expunged through a TASC program. Hoping my young stupidity didn't ruin this for me...

active as of Monday 4/27 :D:D:D now I have yet another thing to spend money on :sad20:

tnava68

Apr 24, 2015
    It's only been 7 business days. Hold on to your horses Tonto. Most are getting approved in about 21-24 days.

yup... this has been a good thread on laying out the approximate timelines. So in spite of how sucky the whole process is glad all y'all are here to keep the information flowing

Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    Thought I would add mine. Bare in mind I am training exempt as I bought a handgun back in 2006. Sure is a slow process. Looks like its about a month at this point.

Code:
    Application\License Fee	Completed	Apr/15/15
    MVA Photo	Unchecked	 
    LiveScan	Unchecked	 
    Training	Unchecked	 
    NICS	        Unchecked	 
    METERS	        Unchecked	 
    CJIS	        Unchecked	 
    MAFSS	        Unchecked	 
    JIS	        Unchecked	 
    DJS	        Unchecked	 
    DHMH	       Completed	Apr/16/15

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Thought I would add mine. Bare in mind I am training exempt as I bought a handgun back in 2006. Sure is a slow process. Looks like its about a month at this point.

Expect 20-25 days, minimum. Not unusual for it to stay like yours until everything changes to completed the day the HQL is dropped in the mail.

jdozier0529

Apr 29, 2015
    Maryland
    I submitted mine 4/10/15 and on monday 4/13/15 i passed my DHMH check. The checklist sat that way til today when it was finally approved :party29:

Overall though it took 20 days from time submitted til approved. Just waiting on my actual card now.

Orthogonal

Jul 23, 2013
    Bel Air
    If these "experts" bothered to read the MSP web site they'd know the 72 hour rule does not apply to the HQL. How much clarification is needed?

You can't fix lazy.

I think this is wrong. I have been told by several people including the livescan technician that the record is only stored for 72 hours until it is picked up by the state system.

If you read the website carefully, it appears to me that the 'does not apply to HQL' statement only applies to the two following paragraphs below it. The 3rd and 4th paragraphs talk to electronic fingerprinting and 72 hours livescan and the fact that fees are non-refundable respectively. I'm sure HQL fees are non-refundable - so my guess is that the lazy one is the one who sloppily updated the website.

I think anyone who disregards the 72 hour admonition does so at the peril of all the fees that you pay.

https://www.mdsp.org/Organization/S...ivision/MainLicensingPage/Fingerprinting.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom