• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    If you didn't have your MD carry permit when you got your HQL, simply let it expire and apply for a new one for free.
    Yes, I did not have a MD CCW permit in 2014 because as a salaried employee, I could never meet the G&S threshold. I do have one now so let me look into your idea and save myself $20! Thanks for the tip.

Cal68

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Yes, I did not have a MD CCW permit in 2014 because as a salaried employee, I could never meet the G&S threshold. I do have one now so let me look into your idea and save myself $20! Thanks for the tip.

Cal68

My wife and I both successfully did this. I know it's only $20 but Eff them. Originally the $20 was supposed to cover the cost of printing a new card. Now you don't even get a card for your $20. Let it expire and start over. It's free and only takes 2 weeks or less. The only PITA is that their HQL system is whacky and you have to create a new password.

melbill2

Feb 24, 2009
    Ellicott City
    Still waiting. HQL expires on 5/12/24, Confirmation of payment on 2/22/24. Wife and I both renewed on the same day. she got her renewal 2 business days later. I guess I'll get my renewal on 5/11/24. How common is this?

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    The sacred email came yesterday. Guess they are running renewal letters right down to the wire. Good for another 10 years!

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    You have to pay the $20 even if you have a current W&C ?
    I didn't. FWIW, I did let my HQL expire with (perhaps unrealistic) expectation that recent court decisions might do away with the HQL. A couple months later, I applied but had to apply as a New HQL and not a renew. I applied using my W&C and in a couple days I received my HQL letter. Oh, and no new fingerprints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom