• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DevinRPD

May 3, 2017
    Talbot
    I had the original slim grip for about a year but it was too small for my liking so i upgraded to the new laser slim grip.

my safariland drop flex adaptor, that fit perfectly on the old model belts, does not seem to fit between the slotted portions of this belt. Even safarilands mid and low rise adaptors don't fit between these portions.

Has anybody used the new laser cut model yet? if so what belt mounted low rise or drop holsters do you use?

(reference picture)

Attachments

• hsgi_laserslimgrip_CB_01_2048x@2x.jpg
      hsgi_laserslimgrip_CB_01_2048x@2x.jpg
      60.9 KB · Views: 195

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Those Molle attachment points don’t look right.

They cut slots in a wide band, rather than sewing three strips across the band.

Sorry, appears to be a cheap shortcut to mil spec attachment points that are proven.

No stitch lines means on that panel means no tight anchoring to the belt surface.

DevinRPD

May 3, 2017
    Talbot
    Those Molle attachment points don’t look right.

They cut slots in a wide band, rather than sewing three strips across the band.

Sorry, appears to be a cheap shortcut to mil spec attachment points that are proven.

No stitch lines means on that panel means no tight anchoring to the belt surface.

this is the style that gear is moving towards though. Ive seen plate carries use this same system so there must be something to it. its not a flimsy material by any means so hopefully it doesn't crap out anytime soon.

i contacted HSGI directly through facebook before buying asking why this style was created and what advantages it had over the original but never got an answer :sad20:

but whether is its as durable as sown on molle/pals ill be able to find out real soon

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    Weight reduction is the only advantage I can think of. I think that the fabric is hypalon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom