• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thanks!

It is too bad DNR doesn’t control county safety zones and it is up to MGA. I’ll probably still fire off a suggestion that all counties reduce archery safety zones to 50yds. Not sure if DNR could change that if it isn’t codified in law (which I think it is. Or at least prior changes to archery safety zones have been by legislation).

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    Not sure if I am to late for this year but going to work on asking Frederick Co reps to introduce Sunday hunting for all legal species like the three Western Counties have. Have to see how and when their bill was structured.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Not sure if I am to late for this year but going to work on asking Frederick Co reps to introduce Sunday hunting for all legal species like the three Western Counties have. Have to see how and when their bill was structured.

Almost certainly. Every county delegation probably does it different, but I remembered to ask the Howard county delegation back in late October about archery safety zones and was told “sorry, the deadline has passed for citizen suggested bills”. If I remember correctly, the Howard county delegation basically wants to hear from its citizens by August or so (and not during session)

So I’ve got a note to myself to reach out in May to start lobbying them. IMHO, a 50yd archery safety zone (or if we want to be really super duper ultra safe, 50yds from a tree stand) should apply to ALL counties. But since I am only looking to lobby the HoCo delegation…

Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Hey. I live in CalvinBallistan too. Let me know what help you might need with that safety zone recommendation. I’d like to see it changed as well.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I never have time to show up to protest or advocate but where could I sent $$ to a group advocating:
    Sunday hunting in Howard County (even if its just Archery)
    Reducing Archery Setback in Howard County (Even if only from a tree stand/Elevated position)

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    I don't know if I wanna poke the bear, but maybe we could scrap/rewrite that DNR reg on loaded rifle magazines? Since Frosh has the unfounded opinion it applies to everything, not just hunting?

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I never have time to show up to protest or advocate but where could I sent $$ to a group advocating:
    Sunday hunting in Howard County (even if its just Archery)
    Reducing Archery Setback in Howard County (Even if only from a tree stand/Elevated position)

Keep in mind, the "equestrian community" HATES hunters, and absolutely owns Howard Co. politicians/politics. They are going to be the obstacle, period. They are extremely eager to tell lies and make up shit. I lived this nightmare a while ago. Careful of TROT, some of them are unhinged. There is no "civil" discussion with them if you are a hunter. Some of the "talks" I had with them were borderline vicious. One of them even told me she wish we'd (hunters) all just die. The politicians listen to their lies and made up stories because they come with a servings of donations. Almost all of them I had dealt with were the epitome of entitled and made sure I was warned that I should go back down to steerage where I belonged.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Keep in mind, the "equestrian community" HATES hunters, and absolutely owns Howard Co. politicians/politics. They are going to be the obstacle, period. They are extremely eager to tell lies and make up shit. I lived this nightmare a while ago. Careful of TROT, some of them are unhinged. There is no "civil" discussion with them if you are a hunter. Some of the "talks" I had with them were borderline vicious. One of them even told me she wish we'd (hunters) all just die. The politicians listen to their lies and made up stories because they come with a servings of donations. Almost all of them I had dealt with were the epitome of entitled and made sure I was warned that I should go back down to steerage where I belonged.

Yes. That sums up my horse neighbors (fortunately none are my next door neighbors) completely. And don’t light off a firework. Because they’ll call the police, FBI and ATF as well as the fire marshal.

Had a neighbor light a few off on the 4th a couple of years ago. Neighbor 3 houses down from the neighbor setting a few off (about a quarter mile in my neighborhood) call the police claiming fireworks were landing on her barn roof and exploding and she had to hose down her metal barn roof so the whole thing didn’t burn down.

These were small stuff, not even the big mortars. I doubt ashes even drifted on to her property.

I’ll post something as we get closer. Not sure if a petition might help. My wife is friend of a friend with one of HoCo’s delegation. Not sure that would help. But might at least get “time of the day” from them on the issue. Maybe if the delegation is willing to sponsor the bill there is a chance it might fly under the radar. Maybe if they also sponsor a bill outlawing horse ownership in the county on the grounds of animal rights that’ll get them all to die of apoplexy. Or at least divert their attention to testimony on that one and leave archery zones and a separate Sunday hunting bills alone (probably best shot either have is separate bills).

I certainly would not accept any money if I did try to get the delegation to listen to me/us. If nothing else, it is just my time and maybe at most figuring out how to get a petition (they would accept) put together and circulated.

OldBay

Apr 26, 2020
    MD
    Sunday archery hunting on private all season long and allow "written" permission to include digital (email/text).

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Sunday archery hunting on private all season long and allow "written" permission to include digital (email/text).

DNR,NRP, WHS can’t do diddly squat to allow any more Sunday hunting that has not been put into law by the Maryland general assembly. You want Sundays, you have to go through the politicians, have a meeting with your Delegates and Senator.

The digital permission is completely within the DNR/NRP/WHS wheelhouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom