• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Come join us at the 1st Genesis Firearms Outdoor Gear Swap Meet, an event designed to bring together outdoor enthusiasts from all walks of life. Whether you're an avid hunter, a passionate angler, a seasoned camper, or a shooting sports enthusiast, this gathering is the perfect opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals, buy and sell quality gear, and share your experiences in a safe and welcoming environment. All firearms transfers will be handled by the host shop per local, state and federal law.
    There's plenty of parking. Set up in our training building or at your vehicle. Bring your tables, EZ-UP tents and chairs. This event is 1st come 1st served.

Date and Time:
    Mark your calendars! The Outdoor Gear Swap Meet will be held on July, 8, 2023 from 9 am to 6 pm. Come early to make the most of the incredible offerings and to mingle with fellow outdoor enthusiasts.

The event will take place at Genesis Firearms, 4266 James Madison Parkway, King George, VA, 22485.

Cost:
    There is no charge to participate in this event. Our standard transfer fees will apply to face to face firearms transfers.

If you have questions about this event please post them in this thread so everyone can see our response.

To clear up a few things before they even become a problem. This is not a flea market or yard sale. This event is for Hunting, Shooting, Camping and Fishing gear. This includes guns, ammo, reloading equipment and supplies, camping gear (do not bring RV's for sale) and fishing equipment. It doesn't matter if this is your old gear, gear you make to sell or items you have inherited that you want to sell. If they fall into one of the above categories you can bring it to sell or trade.

Please don't make this complicated.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    A shameless bump to get this back into the new post feed for those that may have missed it. While we are not charging for this event we hope to have a decent turn out so we can continue hosting it every month.

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    Perrin, congrats on the new shop. I will do my best to make it to the swap meet, lots of stuff to move out.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I am really hoping this event is well attended. I think it would be cool to continue it on monthly basis.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    We are less than a week away from our first monthly Outdoor Gear Swap Meet. Post up here if you plan to attend as a seller. I am trying to get an idea of how many to expect.

Please remember that anything you bring must be removed at the end of the day. We encourage you to bring tables, chairs and easy up style tents.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    I have a match this weekend. I really hope it is successful and you do it again so I can bring my stuff to sell next time.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    See you tomorrow, setting up indoors I hope!
    This is an outdoor event. We may be able to set up in our training building in the future once the building is renovated. We need to install AC/Heat and have the bathrooms repaired.

As I said in the OP, bring your easy up tent, tables and chairs.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Well sadly todays swap meet was a bust. We had several people cancel due to heat and forecasted early thunderstorms. On the upside we did have a lot of customers come in just to browse the non existent swap meet tables.

I appreciate everyone that came out. We will work to advertise more and try it again next month. I am going to spend a little time reaching out to commercial vendors to see if they would be interested in attending instead of relying on the average enthusiast.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Looking forward to next month. I hope you don't pick 8/12. That is the only day I already have plans next month. I know I have enough for one table. I might need two :-)

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    The plan is the second Saturday of each month. Yes that would be August 12th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom