• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BollingerGun

Jan 11, 2011
    Gauging Interest:
    We want to provide our customers and friends with really spectacular, unique coating options.
    Tell us what you think about our shop possibly adding HydroDip (Water Transfer - over 500 patterns) to our arsenal of coatings we provide in house in the next few months! We would be the only certified FFL dealer in MD to provide this at this time.

Also, if you've had this process done elsewhere, we are interested in hearing about your experience, what you thought of cost, the durability of the product, etc.

Thanks!
    -BGS

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Do you have any idea of what you would charge for handguns, rifles, shotguns?
    I know I'm along ways away from your shop, but would be interested in this process for one of my AR's.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    ^^ +1.
    It would be nice to see the:
    Price to do a lower.
    Price to do a lower and upper.
    Price to do an entire rifle.

:)

robertgreen79

Mar 20, 2012
    College Park
    I'd be interested in price as well. Especially if you could do something like this:

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    Never heard of hydro dip, would like to know how durable it is and what it cost. The above rifle looks sick, i would very intersted in a custom look such as that.

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    I'd like to know pricing on a whole rifle job. Multicam deal like these.

Attachments

• 6428619961_79e104e415_z.jpg
      6428619961_79e104e415_z.jpg
      75.6 KB · Views: 576

ASM80

Mar 10, 2012
    Hereford, MD
    I'm in. question. I know the hydrographic gets a clear coat when it's complete. Does Cerakote make a clear coating that would make the dip tough as nails?

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    ASM80 said:
    I'm in. question. I know the hydrographic gets a clear coat when it's complete. Does Cerakote make a clear coating that would make the dip tough as nails?

I was talking to bobby today and he said the outside finish would be as durable as cerakote and very tough.

BollingerGun

Jan 11, 2011
    Hey guys, we're in. Training and certification is scheduled for the last week in November, so we should hopefully be running shortly thereafter. We received price lists yesterday, but it's all in materials, so we are sitting down soon to come up with some base price ideas for everyone as soon as we can. We know that is the 'big' question. It looks like it should be fairly comprable to Cerakote if they are patterns we have in stock just for an idea.
    A note on patterns, there are about....500 of them. We are also getting a website up and running in the next month or two, that will have these patterns on it for you to look through. There is a reaper pattern, like the one listed earlier on in the thread, there is wood grain, there is 'carbon' fiber, 'money', ATACS Camo - we will be coming home with a few of the most popular and ordering others as they are needed.

There is a ton of prep work for HydraDip, and it has primer, base coat, adhesive, transfer, and top coat, it should be very durable! Major firearm maufacturers (mossberg, benelli, etc) are using this coating on their products and have personal knowledge the coating holds up well. We have also been advised that the coating will withstand temperatures up to 375 degrees.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I hope this works out. The guy before on here just fell through! Sad.

I want multicam! Please put me in line.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    First project. Desert Eagle gold plated slide. "money" hydrodipped frame. And pearl grips with diamond outline.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom