• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aab23c

Dec 22, 2012
    PG County
    Lets say I wanted to buy an Chiappa AR15 upper from an internet retailer, but all they had in stock were the uppers with 28 round mags. If I contact the retailer, and confirm with them to remove the mags prior to shippment, because of Maryland Law, I have done due diligence before the purchase correct? I would only do this over email/or some other recordible system so I have a record of such action.

Then lets say, the item ships, arrives, and when I get it, the magazines are still in there...what would happen? Am I liable? Do I self report? Turn them over to the state police? etc, etc.?

Thanks!

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I'm all for following the law, and I think I'd send them back. I think turning yourself in might be a little above and beyond and would not benefit society or you in any way. :D

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    If it was me, I would take them to PA and send them back. I don't think you are allowed to ship from MD. No reason to start a federal case over a honest mistake. The mags are not going to fall into the hands of the type of person the law is written to prevent from owning. But if I did not order them, they are not mine, I would send them back. No kidding.

A person may not manufacture,
    sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or
    transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity
    of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for
    a firearm.

So yes, you are in trouble technically unless the UCC or something has something in it about receiving goods in error. But not practically. But if the shipper realized the mistake and notified the state, who knows. I would call the shipper and send them back from PA. They are not mine and I can't legally receive them in MD. No reason to get involved in a gray area for a couple of mags. You can own them legally without the potential drama.

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    Buddy of mine bought a m&p 15-22 in md and it came with a 25rd mag. But it had one of them tile spacers glued on it to limit capacity to 20. He just popped it off with ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom