• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ea689c

Mar 26, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    Sorry for the venting, but UPS claimed to have delivered a package that had 3 rifles in it at my door yesterday that of course is not there. I have made a claim but this really bothers me. I am thinking about calling around local pawn shops to see if they got anything yesterday that matches my order just in case some POS stole the package off my front door.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    id like to know the outcome of this. Im sad it happened to anyone, let alone someone on here but I would like to use this a learning exp for the future.

One thing I do is sign up for the free myups and I get a email notification for anything that is dropped off at my house real time so I can grab dropped off boxes right away.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    id like to know the outcome of this. Im sad it happened to anyone, let alone someone on here but I would like to use this a learning exp for the future.

One thing I do is sign up for the free myups and I get a email notification for anything that is dropped off at my house real time so I can grab dropped off boxes right away.

The MyUPS is a lifesaver. I never have any weapons delivered anymore. I always wait and have it left at the local UPS place for pick up. It's a pain but a few months ago UPS claimed to have delivered a handgun to the wrong address. They ended up being wrong but that was enough. All firearms I run by and pick them up.

UpperMarlboroMan

Mar 11, 2013
    Had something similar happen with a box of ammo last week. Luckily the person that received it called my phone number that was on the front of the package. Very nice of the person to do, but I could have just as easily lost my 1092 rounds of 7.62 Nagant if it had gone somewhere else.

ea689c

Mar 26, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    I did sign up for the MyUPS account and it was when I went to the Laurel UPS place to pick up what I thought was going to be 4 packages they only had 3. I gave them the tracking number for the forth that was supposed to go to them as well and they told me it had been delivered to my door yesterday. I put in a claim and called Century International Arms because I thought it required signature too. It was 3 Chinese Type 53's. UPS said the sender didn't require signature. This is really bothering me. To continue with the vent, the CZ82 that I got from SOG and paid the extra $10 hand pick option ended up having a bent front sight. I called them to ask how after three people inspected everything that this could have been missed--they gave me a return authorization number and said to ship it back and they will replace it. Still, not a good day for this C&R holder.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    If you pay the $40 upgrade for my ups choice you get to pick where they put the package and when it comes to you. You can also pre sign.
    Someone probably stole it.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I dont blame you, id be upset too. Listen.. Stuff happens. I once had a shipment sent to someone in NC, thankfully they refused the box and it was sent back to the vendor and 2 more weeks later they got it fixed and sent me my correct order to the correct address. Take a deep breath and C&R on...

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    To continue with the vent, the CZ82 that I got from SOG and paid the extra $10 hand pick option ended up having a bent front sight.

Other than the bent sight, how'd the hand-pick from SOG look?

I no longer believe that any of the better-known wholesalers do more than take a quick look at the hand-picks, and that's unfortunate. Overall, though, I've had good luck with hand selects.

Sorry about the UPS thing. I'm sure that you made it clear the package involved was firearms, and that you'd requested the package to NOT be left at your house. That usually makes them get the attention of the driver.

I'm glad I live out in the sticks. Nobody goes into my very rural neighborhood without being noticed and/or photographed by someone's strategically placed game camera. More important, the UPS and FedEx and USPS delivery folks would know if they are being followed, and would recognize the driver, if they lived out my way. (Or would know it's not someone who lives here.)

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    I don't even know how to report something as stolen that I never got.

Seeing as how it was a box full of firearms, I'd call the local police and give them all the details, as you know them. They'd probably have a talk with the UPS driver, and I'd hope they'd have him show them exactly where he/she left the package. It may have been left at the wrong address.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    FYI, FedX also has a sign up program so you can select a Will Call.
    I have the MyUPS app on my cell as well. It's good to Track your stuff. I know the MYUps thing puts in a "request" for WILL CALL. The first time I did it, I did not know if it would be there until I showed up in the morning. What I did NOT see was "ON UPS VEHICLE FOR DELIVERY" which should be a red flag. IF it was really delivered, that should show up in the tracking.

Forget about what the UPS person told you at WILL call, get online and see what the tracking details are. I have ALL my firearms as well as ALL ammo sent to will call now. Yesterday, I went to pick up something and she said "We don't have anything for you". I had to give her the tracking # and she then found it.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Seeing as how it was a box full of firearms, I'd call the local police and give them all the details, as you know them. They'd probably have a talk with the UPS driver, and I'd hope they'd have him show them exactly where he/she left the package. It may have been left at the wrong address.

I would have to pull out my ATF rule book, but aren't we required to report stolen firearms to the ATF within X number of hours (I think I even have a form for it). Now since it was never recived by the C&R licensee and thus never hit the C&R bound book, I guess maybe that needs to be done by the sending FFL? I'm assuming that a determination is that it has been stolen and not just misplaced by UPS.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I feel for you. Having your property in the hands of people that don't care sucks. I had an issue years back with the shipment of a shotgun. It was "lost".

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    I would have to pull out my ATF rule book, but aren't we required to report stolen firearms to the ATF within X number of hours (I think I even have a form for it). Now since it was never recived by the C&R licensee and thus never hit the C&R bound book, I guess maybe that needs to be done by the sending FFL? I'm assuming that a determination is that it has been stolen and not just misplaced by UPS.

Yes. If he never received them, he can't put them into his bound book, so the last owner of record was the shipper. That FFL needs to be notified that the packaged has gone missing and is presumed stolen. It's then up to them to deal with the feds' paperwork.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    if century did not require a signature, they should be liable for the loss and send you replacements.

if they did require the signature, but UPS left it at your door, then UPS should be liable for the cost of replacement.

either way, if the guns are missing, the police should be notified, normally there are laws about what a C&R holder should do, but you never received the guns.

you should talk to century and the police, century will know the serial numbers of the guns, so the police can take the info, and who knows they may even recover the guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom