• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yesterday I went to Hafer's gunsmithing and made a fairly large purchase, an RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Reloading Kit. Basically I needed to upgrade the old equipment I have used for years.
    While there, I did what I usually do and checked out Tim's abundant stock. In a slot, nearly hidden behind a few nice C&Rs was an American Russian Saiga 308. I checked it out and was impressed, nice lines, clean composite stock and best of all in .308 caliber.
    I took my rebuild kit home and got busy setting it up...all the while thinking about that Americanized commie rifle. This afternoon I went online and looked for comments about it online and found NO complaints. Finally I gave up and went back to Tim's shop and laid down a few dollars promising to pay the full price within 60 days. At least a third of the price of an M14 clone.

Funny I don't feel like a communist, I think I bought a decent carbine sized semi automatic rifle. What do you think?

Attachments

• iz138_jpg_thumbnail1.jpg
      iz138_jpg_thumbnail1.jpg
      16.7 KB · Views: 301

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    i have a couple saigas. one in 7.62x39 and one in 5.45x39. love em both. congrats

Sling1

Provocative Interloper
    Nov 25, 2009
    Frederick
    I think you need a conversion kit. ----muhahaha
    .....and a 7.62 Saiga
    .....and a 5.45 Saiga
    .....and a 12 gauge Saiga
    .....and a Kushnapup

Last edited:

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Love them or hate them the Commies made great guns. You are among Comrades even if your rifle is slightly Americanized. The first step is the biggest, someday soon you will own a real Ruskie AK.:)

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    You should be proud considering the rifle was made at Izhmash, home of the AK, since the Russians invented the thing their AK's are top of the line. You cannot get any better than them.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Mind if I ask what you paid for it? A .308 Saiga is next on my list.

Saigas are great AKs, can't beat 'em for value. While they will never be quite accurate enough to take advantage of the .308's potential range, they are minute of deer and dead reliable.

You can get a Russian-style POSP scope for it (mounts to the side) which will add some accuracy.

As someone else said, start googling Saiga conversion and you'll see all the fun things you can do with it. One major benefit of moving the FCG forward is the trigger pull (and accuracy) improve.

Mind if I ask what you paid for it? A .308 Saiga is next on my list.

Saigas are great AKs, can't beat 'em for value. While they will never be quite accurate enough to take advantage of the .308's potential range, they are minute of deer and dead reliable.

You can get a Russian-style POSP scope for it (mounts to the side) which will add some accuracy.

As someone else said, start googling Saiga conversion and you'll see all the fun things you can do with it. One major benefit of moving the FCG forward is the trigger pull (and accuracy) improve.

PM sent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom