• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JRoCc

MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2010
    Earth
    Never went there in the first place....definitely won't be going there in the future.

Stoic58

Jan 10, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Trone wants moco liquor control to be removed so he can sell in Montgomery county. I believe he lives there. He is awful.

This. Trone knows that there are more anti- than pro-2A voters in his district, so he likely picked this issue solely as a vehicle to get into office.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    This. Trone knows that there are more anti- than pro-2A voters in his district, so he likely picked this issue solely as a vehicle to get into office.

He lives in Potomac, which is District 6, he's running in the 8th. He's a mortal lock, good buddy with "O". A while back when that Obama $$$ party happened it screwed up airspace locally. The guy is such a lefty, can anyone link to something that he wants Montgomery to get out of the liquor business? If it is is true, it certainly is self serving as the Libs here like the county liquor business. County makes good revenue from it.

edit; Good article on Montgomery County liquor monopoly. I can't believe Berliner is actually for privatization. (probably to tax the hell out of it) If it goes to referendum, I'd hope people here have enough sense to vote to change it.

Damn, This is the firm that had the top floor of Cabin John Mall. I walked around looking in years ago, had no idea what it was. Projected sales at over $2B, yep nothing impressive there ..

Last edited:

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    When I went to Total Wine I would spend an average of maybe $60.
    If I went once a month that would be over $700 per year.
    Most of the people I see there are buying a lot more than I am.
    Let's say you are like me and you spend $700 at total wine per year.
    If just 5 of us stopped going, that's $3,500 less in the pocket of a gun grabber.
    Let's say just 50 of us stopped going, potentially the hypocrite gun grabber could lose $35,000 per year.
    But MDShooters has 20,000+ members and Maryland has hundreds of thousands of gun owners.
    Let's say 5% of Maryland Shooters members are drinkers, and potential Total Wine customers.
    That's over 1,000 people and potentially well over half a million dollars in lost profits per year. Not really small change.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    If just 5 of us stopped going, that's $3,500 less in the pocket of a gun grabber.
    Let's say just 50 of us stopped going, potentially the hypocrite gun grabber could lose $35,000 per year.
    But MDShooters has 20,000+ members and Maryland has hundreds of thousands of gun owners.
    Let's say 5% of Maryland Shooters members are drinkers, and potential Total Wine customers.
    That's over 1,000 people and potentially well over half a million dollars in lost profits per year. Not really small change.

I sometimes stop into a local liquor store just to buy a $1.50 bottle of iced tea because they have what I like but if that store was owned this guy I wouldn't do it.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

:cool::thumbsup: More businesses need to learn this kind of buying power math... Maybe enough of us could make it "common sense core math".

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    My small local store can order anything he has.

All liquor stores have to use licensed distributors, so for the most part, what is available to him is available to everyone. There are a few items that are reserved only for certain clients but not many and I'm sure I can get along perfectly well without them.

Good to know. I stopped going to the local store because Total had kegs. The local store owner is a good guy and I'd rather support him.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Send him a polite 'don't tread on me' kind of message; I have. http://davidtrone.com/contact/ It will work with a made up name and email address.

Remember when we found out Bob Bell automotive was making campaign donations to anti gun people and we boycotted him; when he was informed, he stopped and oppologised, if I recall correctly, that was years ago, and I believe Bob has passed on now.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I will not go into Total Wine again. A public explaination from him along with an apology might change my mind.

I'm still waiting for an explination from some others; they don't 'owe' us one, but without it I will not support them in any way ($).

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The ignorance in this one is strong, David Trone says: "...We need to bring back the Federal Assault Weapons Ban, expand background checks, tighten regulation of the gun dealers, and require safe firearm storage in homes. We need to close loopholes from private sales, including gun shows. Sensible gun laws work in co..."

Last edited:

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Boy...how things change in a year or so. As I recall, there was quite a bit of whining going on when other people started boycotting businesses due to their anti-gay marriage stances...so I guess it's bad when you don't believe in the cause, but okay when you do. Just wanted a little clarification.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Boy...how things change in a year or so. As I recall, there was quite a bit of whining going on when other people started boycotting businesses due to their anti-gay marriage stances...so I guess it's bad when you don't believe in the cause, but okay when you do. Just wanted a little clarification.

You are being dishonest as usual.

If a business does not want to cater to gun owners they can legally post signs saying such. Worst case scenario for the business owner, is gun owners boycott the business. Businesses SHOULD have the right to do that, and should have the right to do business with whomever they want to to do business with.

If a business does not want to take part in gay marriages or receptions then businesses get sued into submission.

The 2A is spelled out in COTUS, Gays Marriage is not, yet one is protected under threat of force from the government.

Boycotting is the free market at work, making up rights and forcing people under threat of law to comply is utter bullcrap.

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    "so I guess it's bad when you don't believe in the cause, but okay when you do. Just wanted a little clarification."

If we are thinking about the same place, I believe place in question was Memories Pizza in Indiana.

After a newly minted law. "The Religious Freedom Restoration Act", the owners were approached by a reporter and asked if they would cater a gay wedding. The owners said they would not due to their religious beliefs.
    Completely putting aside that this was a total ambush question and there was no wedding, the owners of the shop respectfully declined (as is thier right). They stated that they were happy to servre gay customers that came into the shop to eat.

What the owners DIDN'T do, was to speak out against gay marriage, raise money to fight against gay marriage and they didn't use a public platform to do all they could to deny anyone anything...They just chose not to participate. Unlike Trone, who actively seeks to deny you of your freedom.

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    The ignorance in this one is strong, David the Troll says: "...We need to bring back the Federal Assault Weapons Ban, expand background checks, tighten regulation of the gun dealers, and require safe firearm storage in homes. We need to close loopholes from private sales, including gun shows. Sensible gun laws work in co..."

I believe the word NOWHERE starts with a NO (not co). And there are more letters and stuff.:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom