• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eadgbe194

Jan 31, 2010
    nice, what made you decide on that over a glock or a springfield xdm? I have been looking at all 3 and not sure which one I like the best.

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    Holy crap! $830.00MSRP!:lol2::lol2::lol2:
    I have shot the pro series and the lighter trigger and sights can be addressed later for that price. I have seen a few of these come back with busted frames as well. But nice looking pistol. I've debated getting an M&P since they came out, but i just can't do that to my glocks.

P.S. I know you didn't give 830 for it, but still.

TBAGRR

Feb 12, 2009
    Edgewater
    my range buddy has a m&p9 pro for his IDPA gun... it shoots awesome and feels good.... I'm a XD guy but thats a nice pistol!!!!

XD Mike

Jan 20, 2010
    Western, MD
    I looked at the M&Ps when I purchased my XD, it basically came down to what felt best in my hands. The M&P definately felt like a well built pistol, it felt like a higher end polymer. But, in the end my XD felt the best in my hand even though I knew the M&P felt like a better pistol. Good buy!

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    nice, what made you decide on that over a glock or a springfield xdm? I have been looking at all 3 and not sure which one I like the best.

I had my hands on a XDm and it felt better than the M&P. I haven't shot the XDm. I spoke with a couple of gunsmiths and they said the M&P is a better quality gun.
    Tzoid let me borrow his at the last PA Steel shoot up at SLCFSA and I took 7 seconds off my time and that was from the draw, all other shoots in the past I started from the low ready. The only other time I shot that gun was a few rounds one day while Tzoid and I where at the range.
    The small palm swell feels the best in my hand and as I shoot it more I'm sure my time will improve.
    Hell, I beat an experienced shooter with a comp. 1911 by one second that day.

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air

I just decided on the M&P9 Pro over Glock and XDM. The real deciding factor for me was how it felt in hand. I also prefer the look of the gun much more. I know that looks are just that...looks. But there is certainly an argument to be made about the look of a gun factoring into your decision of buying it. (ie - high end 1911's, etc.)

My first M&P was actually the little know M&P 22 Compact. It's an awesome little gun and really fun to shoot at the range. I can pour 150 rounds through it in the blink of an eye and have an absolute blast.

The look and feel of it is what initially turned me onto a higher caliber M&P. I started off looking at the standard M&P9 but then go turned onto the Pro series because I also had been wanting a full size/long slide handgun.

The M&P9 Pro fits both these needs and also will be my first leap into the 9mm caliber. Just .22 and .45 up until now. I couldn't be more excited and already ordered 1000pack off bulkammo.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom