• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Anyone have a recommendation for the P365 mags? I don't know what kind of gorilla spring is in the mag, but I can't load more than 8 round in a 12 round mag! I tried multiple mags and its the same on all 3! I guess I need a speed loader.. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Any chance they have been pinned for MD transfer?

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    9mm & .45 single stacks too, just a little wobbly.

Probably not .22 though :tap:
    I made delrin shims for one and put threaded inserts in the delrin then drilled the uplula body so I could put bevel headed screws in.

A lot of work so the girl I was dating could load 1911 mags with no wobble.

I never needed a loader for the single stacks but they sure make loading DSSF mags easier.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I made delrin shims for one and put threaded inserts in the delrin then drilled the uplula body so I could put bevel headed screws in.

A lot of work so the girl I was dating could load 1911 mags with no wobble.

I never needed a loader for the single stacks but they sure make loading DSSF mags easier.
    They have an attachment for single stack 1911’s too that go on the standard UpLula.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    They have an attachment for single stack 1911’s too that go on the standard UpLula.
    Nice. I made that modified one around 2010 or 2011. I guess I could have saved myself some work. Appreciate the heads up.

I really only use them for DSSF mags personally but I may get the adapter as she kept the modded one I did.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    Any chance they have been pinned for MD transfer?

Nope.. Not pined. Also, before I posted my question here, I tried to figure out what loaded to get on my own using Amazon, so I read a few reviews. It seems I'm not the only person to think P365 mags are hard to impossible load. Heck, I could only get 8 rounds loaded and I think I bruised my thumb getting 8 in.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Nope.. Not pined. Also, before I posted my question here, I tried to figure out what loaded to get on my own using Amazon, so I read a few reviews. It seems I'm not the only person to think P365 mags are hard to impossible load. Heck, I could only get 8 rounds loaded and I think I bruised my thumb getting 8 in.
    No, really, I promise - just run a couple hundred rounds through (you know you're going to anyway). My impossible to top off 10-rounder for that pistol is now easy to load. I noticed the difference after only a couple of trips to the range. Or, since you should practice dry firing anyway, get some quality dummy rounds to work out the mag spring and work on your draw->grip anyway cuz you should.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    No, really, I promise - just run a couple hundred rounds through (you know you're going to anyway). My impossible to top off 10-rounder for that pistol is now easy to load. I noticed the difference after only a couple of trips to the range. Or, since you should practice dry firing anyway, get some quality dummy rounds to work out the mag spring and work on your draw->grip anyway cuz you should.

Already started! :^)

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    As many of us here know, the P365 series handgun mags are VERY hard to load, especially at first. They'll get slightly easier with use, but will not become "easy". I've got some that have been cycled 15 or more times and I still habitually use the UpLuLa to load them.

I have had several that have a burr on the plastic follower that catches on the retention slots and prevents fully loading until it is broken off or worn down. This may be the reason for getting to 8 and getting stuck.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Some food for thought.

These tight mags (the last few years) are the reason I have been trying to do 2 things... When I load my first mag, I load it with the slide locked back and slam it forward. The mags have been so tight the last few years with companies trying to fit in "1 more round", there is so much tension, they are getting harder to seat. I don't care about loading up to "+1".
    You are fighting either from the top while loading them, or up from the bottom trying to insert the mag. That pressure is the same. Extended mags that aren't flush with the bottom of the mag well give a little help, because it acts like a bump pad into your palm. Flush ones, not so much. Try using your thumb to insert a mag slowly on a closed slide, you get a good idea of the pressure needed for a full mag.

Secondly, I have been loading 1 less round into my spare mags so that there is 1 round of less tension in order to get a good seat. My pressure may be light sometimes when shooting under pressure. One of these full, tight mags certainly don't help me.

Just something to think about. I think a good mag insertion surpasses having that 1 extra round. YMMV

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Some food for thought.

These tight mags (the last few years) are the reason I have been trying to do 2 things... When I load my first mag, I load it with the slide locked back and slam it forward. The mags have been so tight the last few years with companies trying to fit in "1 more round", there is so much tension, they are getting harder to seat. I don't care about loading up to "+1".
    You are fighting either from the top while loading them, or up from the bottom trying to insert the mag. That pressure is the same. Extended mags that aren't flush with the bottom of the mag well give a little help, because it acts like a bump pad into your palm. Flush ones, not so much. Try using your thumb to insert a mag slowly on a closed slide, you get a good idea of the pressure needed for a full mag.

Secondly, I have been loading 1 less round into my spare mags so that there is 1 round of less tension in order to get a good seat. My pressure may be light sometimes when shooting under pressure. One of these full, tight mags certainly don't help me.

Just something to think about. I think a good mag insertion surpasses having that 1 extra round. YMMV
    Agreed. Some of my guns, including AR9 using MP5 mags, do not like a topped off mag. What's worse, one less bullet or an iffy mag insertion.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Some food for thought.

I run my mags down one in DSSF pistol and down two in true double stack subgun or rifle.

Always a good laugh when someone loads on a closed action and the mag falls out on the first shot as long as its in practice.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    My P365 mags were a royal b***h to load when new. After about 30 loadings my P365 mags were less difficult to load. In addition to that I used a plastic dowel to cycle the follower of each mag up and down about 50 times after that first outing with it. Made sure the mags were cleaned out. Flexing is what works the spring. They are still a hemorrhoid to load but closer to reasonable. I don’t use a speed loader. I have one…just don’t use it. My thumbs pay the price after several loadings.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I'm surprised sig doesn't throw in one of those single piece sleeve loaders.
    My Hellcat came with one and I threw it in a drawer. After trying to load 2 magazines I fished that little SOB out of that drawer. That thing ain't great, but it helps a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom