I need info on Hap Baker. SERIOUS info....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I need to to know every bit of info we can find on Hap Baker.

I need to know the history such as when it was first proposed, how long did it take to build, the amount of land it occupies, any lawsuits involved, permits needed, annual expense and income, etc.

Basically I need everything othre than location and hours.

If any member here played a part in getting it built I need to speak with you.

No detail is too small to leave out right now.

Thanks.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville

I need to know the history such as when it was first proposed, how long did it take to build, the amount of land it occupies, any lawsuits involved, permits needed, annual expense and income, etc.

Thanks.

You need to go talk to Bill, 1874sharpshooter on the board. I don't believe he was around then but I'm sure he knows the whole story. The other two guys who are there now and were there then, aren't gonna be online. You wanna talk to Happy Jack or Jim.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    All I know are the stories about Hap being a strong 2a supporter and leaving a large sum of money in his will to have the public range built for everyone to use.

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County

Thanks.

Hmm...rather mysterious - everything ok?

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    All I know are the stories about Hap being a strong 2a supporter and leaving a large sum of money in his will to have the public range built for everyone to use.

I have no doubt he left some money in his will. How much is anybodys guess since he never owned his home.:innocent0 Anybody that ever talked to him knows what I mean.

He did do a lot of fundraising around the county for it too. I remember him sitting outside of Manchester Elementary at an election with a can for donations. Yes I dug deep even though I have only ever been to the range once maybe twice.

Call Brad at Brownstone's. He would probably be the most accessable person with a lot of info. I know Hap used to stop in there quite frequently.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I have no doubt he left some money in his will. How much is anybodys guess since he never owned his home.:innocent0 Anybody that ever talked to him knows what I mean.

He did do a lot of fundraising around the county for it too. I remember him sitting outside of Manchester Elementary at an election with a can for donations. Yes I dug deep even though I have only ever been to the range once maybe twice.

Call Brad at Brownstone's. He would probably be the most accessable person with a lot of info. I know Hap used to stop in there quite frequently.

I've only been around here since about '98 so I'll take your word for it. :thumbsup: All I know is what I've heard from a decade or so of hanging out there.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Looking to see if other sites are a possibility is my guess. Knowing how it was done before will help future projects get off the drawing board and into reality.

^^This

I remember a thread about wanting to do something like that at the Millersville Landfill

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom