• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Turkish imports will push it below. The lira collapsed. It's gonna be dirt cheap for a while. You should try hunting up some of that...
    My worry is that with an executive order the President can ban imported ammo or apply a significant duty to it. Domestic production will be harder to stop but look at the gas situation you take away half the imports and the price doubles!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My worry is that with an executive order the President can ban imported ammo or apply a significant duty to it. Domestic production will be harder to stop but look at the gas situation you take away half the imports and the price doubles!
    It's impossible to really predict that sort of thing. The Chinese ammo import ban could also be lifted, and then prices would drop like a stone.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    It's impossible to really predict that sort of thing. The Chinese ammo import ban could also be lifted, and then prices would drop like a stone.
    why whould THIS ADMINISTRATION remove any ammo ban , they don't want anyone using GUNS for any purpose , including target practice .

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It wasn't even a tithe of the imports. No, the biggest issue is that since a few years ago when the oil export ban was lifted, there is more price competition. If you are Exxon and someone wants to pay you $100 for a barrel of oil here in the US, but someone in England is willing to pay $120, who are you going to sell it to? Shipping it over to them isn't going to cost $20 a barrel when you are shipping 200,000 barrels at a time.

Yes, the reduced imports do NOT help. But the biggest issue is just overseas demand making the small amount of imports we do have more expensive and making domestic production that much more lucrative to sell overseas. I mean, unless someone here wants to pay close to what someone overseas is willing to shell out...

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    We may see another run on ammunition and firearms due to Brandon and the still being debated legislation in Congress. Count on the politicians to be the best gun and ammunition salesmen...excuse me...salespersons.

shekaar

Apr 26, 2018
    We may see another run on ammunition and firearms due to Brandon and the still being debated legislation in Congress. Count on the politicians to be the best gun and ammunition salesmen...excuse me...salespersons.
    Agreed, Im not getting too comfortable with the current environment with the current legislation floating around unfortunately.

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    It's easy to keep product in stock when your prices are too high. Attached pic is from their site. No thanks. Same goes for Dick's and my lgs. I can buy online for less with shipping and don't have to leave my sprawling countryside manor, lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220731-084132.png
      Screenshot_20220731-084132.png
      130.4 KB · Views: 94

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads