• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I was reading a few articles on New Years Celebration in the Philippines. Like the Chinese, Fireworks and Firecrackers are traditional part of celebration. Unfortunately this includes discharging firearms, including the police.

http://www.rappler.com/nation/18534-pnp-boss-to-cops-don-t-fire-guns-on-new-year

If you look at the pics I included, they taped up their muzzles to deter their officers for discharging their firearms.

Can you Identify their handguns? it looks like they use a variety of handguns but I can't seem to ID them. I"m assuming they have contracts with Armscorp/RIA, Metro Arms and Shooters Mfg but I can't ID the models if you can help.

Attachments

• PNP Guns 1.jpg
      PNP Guns 1.jpg
      57.1 KB · Views: 982
    • PNP Guns 2.jpg
      PNP Guns 2.jpg
      33.8 KB · Views: 533
    • PNP Guns 3.jpg
      PNP Guns 3.jpg
      23 KB · Views: 603

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Just a little history.....Former Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos had banned and confiscated firearms just prior to declaring Martial Law in 1972. I'm trying to find some info for this.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Safety off an unloaded...Who knows why there is a cover on the barrels?

I was reading a few articles on New Years Celebration in the Philippines. Like the Chinese, Fireworks and Firecrackers are traditional part of celebration. Unfortunately this includes discharging firearms, including the police.

http://www.rappler.com/nation/18534-pnp-boss-to-cops-don-t-fire-guns-on-new-year

If you look at the pics I included, they taped up their muzzles to deter their officers for discharging their firearms.

Can you Identify their handguns? it looks like they use a variety of handguns but I can't seem to ID them. I"m assuming they have contracts with Armscorp/RIA, Metro Arms and Shooters Mfg but I can't ID the models if you can help.

its pretty stupid but

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Third picture - looks like a smorgasbord of manufacturers. Looks like a Glock is in there, see a few Beretta 92/96(?) styles in there as well, and a few I couldn't ID.

Elite84

Oct 29, 2008
    First pic beretta 92, 2 hk usps and a ss 1911. 2nd pic beretta 92, third pic 2 CZ design/tangolio, 2 berettas and a glock.

onatsky

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2010
    Parkville MD
    Standard issue of the PNP is Beretta 92F, some were issued Taurus PT92 and others use their personal handguns. They're switching to Glock 17 next year.

Muzzles are taped and signed by their COs.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Here's another pic....I see at 1911 in the back but I don't know what the guy in the front right has? perhaps a Beretta Cougar 8000

Attachments

• Philippine National Police  .jpg
      Philippine National Police .jpg
      26.8 KB · Views: 269

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I think you nailed that one FPS.

Cougar 8000 looks to be pretty close, if not spot-on.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Here's another pic....I see at 1911 in the back but I don't know what the guy in the front right has? perhaps a Beretta Cougar 8000

Yavus 16( beretta 92 clone)
    Girsan MC23 ( beretta cougar clone)
    Turkish 1911 ( girsan)

American tactical imports ( ATI) sells the Yavus16 as the C92.

Attachments

• c92.jpg
      c92.jpg
      73.4 KB · Views: 363
    • mc23.jpg
      mc23.jpg
      58.1 KB · Views: 465

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    I think you guys are all missing the key point of this thread. Taping your gun's muzzle is clearly an effective means of gun control. Forget all that 30 rd capacity foolishness, this is a simple yet effective means of keeping the populous from non-government-sanctioned discharge of firearms (crime = not sanctioned). Has anyone forwarded this to Sen Feinstein? :innocent0

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Yavus 16( beretta 92 clone)
    Girsan MC23 ( beretta cougar clone)
    Turkish 1911 ( girsan)

American tactical imports ( ATI) sells the Yavus16 as the C92.

Joey....why are they buying Turkish guns??? They make a CZ clone why are they buying these? doesn't make sense to me to buy cheap imports when they have Armscorp and others to chose?

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Politics, low bidders and colonial mentality. The PNP may end up with Israeli made Jerichos. Gen 4 glock 17 as part of the modernization program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom