• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I'm looking for clarity on whether it's a new or old model.

SN 057-45008

I believe it's an old model, but I'm not 100% sure because it's also a 45LC/45acp convertible.

Any clarity is appreciated! I'm supposed to pick it up Friday pending a trade on my AR.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    fda71f66fd04c31f0339349880f21a04.jpg

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I have the exact same model. If it comes with the original case, it should be the collectors edition. They came with the .45 acp/.45LC cylinders.
    It's a newer model. I also think I acquired mine around 2000 or so.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Measure the diameter of the cylinder.

The old models have larger cylinder diameters.

Then go on-line and do some Googling and compare.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    That looks to be a 2000 model.

I have the exact same model. If it comes with the original case, it should be the collectors edition. They came with the .45 acp/.45LC cylinders.
    It's a newer model. I also think I acquired mine around 2000 or so.
    Hence my confusion. The ad has it listed as a "special edition". Here's a pic of the box.

4fa1762c8f51a3a825ece4151f92fede.jpg

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    "old model" or simply vaquero was from 1993-2005. Warning label was on the left side of the barrel and had two digits before the dash on the serial number.

"new vaqueros" were from 2005 to present. the warning label was moved to the bottom of the barrel. the serial number has three digits before the dash.

The gun you are inquiring about is the old model with two digit serial and as someone else said from around 2000. I have two vaqueros I bought in 2001 with 58- serial numbers.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    Mine actually says it on the top of the case. I will try and remember to get a pic tonight.
    I came across scattered information but I'm nearly certain this is an old model. Davidson's released this same gun twice. Some time before 2003 and the new model in 2011.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    "old model" or simply vaquero was from 1993-2005. Warning label was on the left side of the barrel and had two digits before the dash on the serial number.

"new vaqueros" were from 2005 to present. the warning label was moved to the bottom of the barrel. the serial number has three digits before the dash.

The gun you are inquiring about is the old model with two digit serial and as someone else said from around 2000. I have two vaqueros I bought in 2001 with 58- serial numbers.

This, old model, with the larger frame and grip. The included 45acp cylinder is awesome, plentiful ammo, no moon clips required.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland

Good info - thank you

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    For further clarification, the terms * Old Model * and * New Model * have different meanings whether discussing Blackhawks or Vaqueros.

In Blackhawks, Old Model means 3 screw, also had different frame sizes for .44Mag and for everything else. New Model has transfer bar ( safely load 6 rds) , and all guns built on .44 frame. Lastly is the Anniversary model . Built on thr frame size of the 3 screw Blackhawk, but with transfer bar.

Vaqueros were never made without transfer bar, and introduced on the .44 size frame size then current on Blackhawk. Later in 2005, at least some of the Vaqueros are made on the smaller Anniversary sized frame, and known as New Vaquero.

I'll have to look into status of post '05 .44 Vaquero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom