• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LuanDo

Jan 17, 2022
    HI!

I'm interested in watching an IDPA match and maybe participate. There is a club called Anne Arundel Fish and Games Assoc. that seems to have IDPA matches but it seems that one has to join membership to get info on IDPA matches. Can someone recommend a way to watch a match without becoming a member first?

Thanks.

Luan Do

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Any match that is open to the public you should be able to come and watch, ask questions, etc. most will give you good info.

Cryptotek1

May 1, 2017
    AAFG IDPA matches are open to the public. They're having a match this Saturday at 10. Setup is at 9am. Bring eye and ear protection and introduce yourself. Before you compete in a match at AAFG you must either have shot IDPA at a different club or go through the AAFG action pistol orientation class.

The AAFG calendar can be found at aafg.org.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    OP is right and the “open to the public” tag is NOT (no longer) displayed for the IDPA matches on the AAF+G Assoc. website calendar: https://aafg.org/calendar/

(Actually, NONE of the (4) events scheduled for this Saturday are tagged “public.”)

Edit: thankfully Cryptotek happened by here and,

OP, their next match is this coming Saturday so, we’re it me, I would grab eye and ear pro, saddle up and be outside their gate (not a lot of room for park & stand) AT 8:30am

Why that early? Two reasons: one, if you’re serious there is no better way to learn about many action shooting sports then by helping the Match Volunteers set up for a match; and two, you’re being there early (and expressing a willingness to assist) will go a lonnnnnnnnng way toward demonstrating your sincerity and “doors being opened” for you.

At least, that is how I handle it when I am new to a club or range …

I can remember times the gate NOT being left open so, OP, if you decide to roll down there, say, “after” 9 and find the gate closed, well, were it I, I’d be there a bit ahead of 9 with my “ready to help” face on.

Best o’ success!

Cryptotek1

May 1, 2017
    I can confirm the matches are open to the public. You need to register on practiscore if you're competing but come Saturday morning the gate will be open.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Looks like there are some AAFG members here. Does anyone know if the Cowboy Action matches are still doing .22's or have gone back to centerfire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom