• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    I signed up for Saturday morning IDPA. This will be my first time there. Wish I could shoot all day to make the 2 hour drive worth it, but I have a work function in the afternoon to attend.

Any tips for the first timer at Peacemaker?

Anyone ever buy ammo from their pro shop?

Deepwoods

New Guy...
    Aug 17, 2010
    Saturdays are always bad for me, and I really want to break into comp shooting...

Guderian, bring lots of fluids. Peacemaker's facilities are very nice, but you're up in the hills, and exposed to wind, sun, etc. Especially the sun... They have snacks, but I'd bring a cooler full of all the hunger and dehydration preventative items you'll want.

Can't comment on the ammo, as I have always brought my own. I *think* it is reasonably priced...

Last edited:

anthonyjhallen

May 16, 2011
    APG
    I signed up for Saturday morning IDPA. This will be my first time there. Wish I could shoot all day to make the 2 hour drive worth it, but I have a work function in the afternoon to attend.

I dont think I have ever seen anyone try to buy ammo the day of the match. Bring double the round count and you will be fine.

anthonyjhallen

May 16, 2011
    APG
    I hope I got in to both AM/PM slots. I am a member of USPSA, as of yesterday, but it takes a weeks for them to mail me my ID#. The registration page would not let me continue without imputing a USPSA #.

I called and a guy there and he was very helpful and ensured me that I was GTG.

We will see when I show up. Hope our names are on the list.

Last edited:

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010

I would call and ask about the ammo. They don't always have a large stock, and there isn't any place close by that you could get ammo at 8am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom