• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jthoma24

Jul 25, 2012
    Arnold, MD
    Remingtons have better fit/finish.

For me, Remington 1911 Enhanced/Threaded.

The reason I ask is because my FFL had both in stock and I could not "pull the trigger" today on the purchase. I will be my first 1911 and probably last before oct 1. trying to make the right decision.

jthoma24

Jul 25, 2012
    Arnold, MD
    You don't say which Remington. I'd take the Ruger over the base Remington. I just might take it over the Enhanced, too, but I'd be hard-pressed to decide. It's a better value than the Enhanced, I think.

it was the R1. Not the enhanced. I think i would enjoy shooting the enhanced with the fiber optic sights.... I just don't know because there are so many 1911 choices. I don't want to drop that kind of cash on something without some advice.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    I asked Lou about the Remington R1 when i was in his shop. he said to go with the Ruger. If you could wait a bit then get the Ruger after they get the bugs worked out in about a year.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In a situation like this 1st question is which one is set up with your prefered combination of ( trigger length , mainspring housing, grip safety , ambi or not ) . I have my preferences , might not be yours.

The tiebreaker is the particular trigger pull on the two individual specimens.

Grits

In God I Trust And Live
    Jul 12, 2012
    Frederick
    Having just gone thru all of this. Many hours of reading, researching, evaluating and pondering. I would go with the Ruger. Like others have said, it depends on your knowledge of both weapons, what turns you on --- or not. The feel in your hand, the looks and feel that you like. Then just do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom