• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 05FLHT

Jan 14, 2011
    We've had more sustained media attention here in Illinois on Right to Carry this past year then we've ever had before. Just to give an idea of how bad it was before, we would gather 5,000+ strong in Springfield and march to our capitol building for IGOLD (Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day) with no media attention. To contrast this, an anti-gun Chicago reverend would be on the corner THE SAME DAY with 3 other people and be surrounded by media cameras.

The times...they are a changing.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Love to see Dems coming around. There have always been pro-gun dems, but when an anti switches sides, it really shows progress...

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Pro-Gun Dems and Anti-Terror Muslims both have the same problem.

There voice is not strong enough to drown out the inverse.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA

And/or they're afraid of the inverse. Both should be grabbing them by the collar and screaming at them "You stupid b@#$%^ds, you're going to get us all killed!" and putting them out of power, yet they're too afraid of what they'll do to them.

05FLHT

Jan 14, 2011

Our concealed carry bill was actually proposed, filed, and championed by a Democrat, Brandon Phelps. In Illinois it's less of Rep v Dem issue, rather it's a People of the State of Illinois v. Chicago Machine issue.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Our concealed carry bill was actually proposed, filed, and championed by a Democrat, Brandon Phelps. In Illinois it's less of Rep v Dem issue, rather it's a People of the State of Illinois v. Chicago Machine issue.

I guess the combination of the lawsuits and Ezell are starting to get into some lawmakers' heads. It's really about only convincing a few wobblers to go the other way if this can get back to a vote. I don't recall if the wobblers were from Chicago or elsewhere in the state.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    You can bet that they were either from Chicago or being threatened (politically definitely, not out of the question for it to be personally as well) by them. Chicago is as anti gun as it is because it is so infatuated with control.

05FLHT

Jan 14, 2011
    I guess the combination of the lawsuits and Ezell are starting to get into some lawmakers' heads. It's really about only convincing a few wobblers to go the other way if this can get back to a vote. I don't recall if the wobblers were from Chicago or elsewhere in the state.

I had several conversations with one Chicago Rep who, after voting against HB148 (our CCW bill), seemed more than happy it was going to the courts. I don't know if it was arrogance, or relief that she didn't think she needed to weigh in on the issue any further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom