• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    How do you like NoVA compared to the Baltimore area? I've been down here for almost 3 years now.

I love it. I actually grew up here but moved to MD in 2000. I finally had enough of the crime, taxes, and politicians and moved my family back to VA. The only thing I miss about MD are the fine folks like you I have met and befriended.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    It's where the jobs are. You can move down to PWC around Quantico for cheaper housing/taxes but good luck heading north in the AM. Traffic is that bad.

Take a bus or train. Or do like I did and get a motorcycle :D I'm back in Lake Ridge now, I take the HOV to go to the Mark Center. 35 minutes or less each way.

335xi

Jan 25, 2013
    I'll be right down the road from you! We're moving to Van Dorn. Wanted Old Town, but too rich for our blood...

I'll be right next to the patent office. Actually it's not old town... Considered eisenhower east.

svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    I'll be right next to the patent office. Actually it's not old town... Considered eisenhower east.

We were actually looking at one of those apartments (bunch of Carlyle's all over the place), but ultimately decided on the one we're in now.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Are there any ranges near Alexandria? I looked on the map and it seems the NRA indoor range is the only one in the area. Most of the other ranges I was able to find are about an hour away.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Are there any ranges near Alexandria? I looked on the map and it seems the NRA indoor range is the only one in the area. Most of the other ranges I was able to find are about an hour away.

Sharpshooters in Lorton/Springfield. Right off 95.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Cool! Looks like we could do a larger MDS lunch or happy hour one of these days. My office is just off Duke St - right next to Port City Brewery ;)

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    May have to check that one out.

Used to work for Amtrak in Lorton years back, that area has gone all fancy-pants now.

I was a member there for a year. Great indoor range. It's a little dated and the ventilation system definitely needs an overhaul. Emily from the Wash. Times shoots there as well. :D

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011

Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly. Great range. And they have a ton of guns on the walls. Their MD business is exponentially increasing they said. Esp for cash/carry items.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly. Great range. And they have a ton of guns on the walls. Their MD business is exponentially increasing they said. Esp for cash/carry items.

They are on the opposite side of Fairfax County from Alexandria, and even further than the NRA Range. Plus the owner of BRA is an Obama supporter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom