Imagine an HOA so pathetic, the members want to violate rights inside private homes (no guns)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Exactly, would be interesting. The sad part is some HOA's would have the audacity to attempt to.
    The audacity of what HOA’s do really depends on the concentration of Karen’s and power thirsty wannabes in the community.

I do see a need for them as some people just dont get it when it comes to maintaining their property or the ones who want to be different and paint their house pink.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    What will everyone do when the rest of the country outlaws small gas engines like California?
    Hostile takeover of the HOA. I've got enough friends in the neighborhood to run and take a leadership job if they get too wacky.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Your run of the mill HOA with few hundred houses probably would drop it once threatened with court, most of these smaller HOAs run lean if they are run at the neighborhood level. Those run by a property management company are running really lean because those property management companies are expensive. Now lets say an HOA like the Columbia Association in Howard County, I could see them getting froggy.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    With all the stories/facts/experiences about HOAs I wonder why people still live where there's one

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    With all the stories/facts/experiences about HOAs I wonder why people still live where there's one

****Because not all HOA's are extreme tyrannical entities and actually do a very decent job of maintaining rules and standards along with helping to maintain property values for the community through enforcement of *agreed* upon rules when moving in.

I can see both sides of this argument, but there are absolutely disgusting messy slobs that think it is ok to have an overgrown lawn and broken down cars and trash everywhere in an otherwise nice suburban neighborhood. This depresses values in the neighborhood and makes other owner whose homes are probably their most valuable asset worth less, and makes it harder to sell their homes when they want to trade up, retire to another area, etc..

Screenshot 2023-10-27 191626.png

slobs.jpg

hoawrad.jpg

howard1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads