• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Sadly, not all vets are pro-Constitution.:sad20:

I think it makes his position nefarious.

The average lib who hates guns is afraid of the unknown, having never used a firearm or had a positive experience with one.

Their only exposure has been via the lib media, which would have you think that guns just go off by themselves, gun shows look like a felon festival, and that boolits can go through 8 brick walls. It's bad but at least I can get my head around why they are susceptible to their misguided views.

This guy understands the mechanical function (ie semi auto, mag vs clip, "assault weapon" being meaningless, etc) and what happens to disarmed civilizations but still wants our guns. I guess the thirst for power is strong.... :sad20:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    So remind me again how sb281 actually "strengthened" the existing law....

Phil nailed it above. BTW if you asked the same question of Brown he wouldn't be able to answer, or just wouldn't answer - that's his strategy.

Last edited:

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    I can't believe that douche was in the military. A colonel in the army no less. How is it even possible to not understand 2a with that background?

I was in the mil. I know lots of vets and current active duty who have the same mentality about guns. One of my best friends is am active duty major. He recently told me that they're was no reason for anyone other than police or mil to own "assault weapons."

MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    I agree with you and applaud you for your effort.

The problem is, he is reaching to his choir in this state, the idiots he is preaching to agree with him. It would be more effective to start rumors that Brown plans on cutting off EBT cards and other welfare.

ROTFLMAO! Hook, line n sinker! Ready, set, go - riots!

Dec 31, 2012
    I can't believe that douche was in the military. A colonel in the army no less. How is it even possible to not understand 2a with that background? .

Sadly, not all vets are pro-Constitution.:sad20:

I was in the mil. I know lots of vets and current active duty who have the same mentality about guns. One of my best friends is am active duty major. He recently told me that they're was no reason for anyone other than police or mil to own "assault weapons."

During the market crash I was house shopping for a fixer upper deal to move into and I was surprised by the number of retired military potential neighbors who told me they "didn't want guns around here". This was in a few rural areas which made it even more odd. Yes, I asked the neighbors about guns and hunting because I'd like to know what I'm moving into.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I talked to brown at the Landover meeting when they first started selling this as sb281.

He really has no clue on this bill or the issues involved (based on his inability to answer even basic questions)

The parallels between his "letter" and the press releases out of Vinnie are disturbing.

I'm really starting to think that Brown isn't actually a stand alone candidate but a pure arm of Bloomberg without any control of his own.

Any campaign finance experts able to pull up which dark money sources are funding Brown?

Replace "Bloomberg" with "Curran", and that's the starting point.

Feb 28, 2013
    During the market crash I was house shopping for a fixer upper deal to move into and I was surprised by the number of retired military potential neighbors who told me they "didn't want guns around here". This was in a few rural areas which made it even more odd. Yes, I asked the neighbors about guns and hunting because I'd like to know what I'm moving into.

Where would those areas be, so the rest of us can be forewarned to house shop elsewhere?

Dec 31, 2012
    Where would those areas be, so the rest of us can be forewarned to house shop elsewhere?

Select locations in Harford county. I've also seen the reports from resident members about the influx of Baltimorons who are upset by the sound of gunfire.

on topic:
    Brown's military experience has taught him to follow orders. He just has chosen the wrong 'officers'.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Select locations in Harford county. I've also seen the reports from resident members about the influx of Baltimorons who are upset by the sound of gunfire.

on topic:
    Brown's military experience has taught him to follow orders. He just has chosen the wrong 'officers'.

I'm sure every time the police range gets used, the ninnies of this category dive into their houses and hide for hours in Havre de Grace? I mean I think they were firing AR's there last week. That has to be pretty damned evil right?

Northern Baltimore county at least is full of Republicans and libertarian types, and no shift in Cecil as far as I can tell so far. I ask the one neighbor if she has an issue with me target shooting and she says "no, not at all, everyone around here does that all the time, we are used to that". And so far no one has given 2 shits, though the deer and squirrels apparently aren't too fond of it.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    I was disgusted by Brown's editorial today. I encourage all of you to go forth and comment on it to show how much we oppose Brown's idea of gun control.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bs-ed-gun-control-brown-20141002,0,4357672.story

My two cents are:

"I made an account solely on the basis to state that this article is simply pathetic. Brown must think we are all fools. As others below have commented on other details I will stick with the concealed carry issue:

"This means that if we elect a pro-gun conservative like Larry Hogan as our next governor, he could appoint someone who would undermine our gun regulations and make it easier to bring handguns into malls, restaurants and movie theaters."

You mean Hogan would enforce the Constitution and allow citizens to bring in firearms to public places, something that the vast majority of every other state does, concurrent with the Second Amendment? Hogan would allow us to exercise our Constitutionally protected right to self-defense, instead of have a nanny state decide what's best for our us? Good. He's got my vote.

"The bottom line is how can Marylanders trust Larry Hogan to wholeheartedly enforce and defend a law he does not support?"

I don't trust him to enforce it! I entrust him to remove this unconstitutional inanity from the books!
    To attain a concealed carry permit in Maryland, you essentially need to have been assaulted, robbed, raped, or have someone break a restraining order. Then, you need to show a ridiculous amount of documents to back this up. Could anyone look at the insane restrictions that are placed upon Marylanders applying for concealed carry permits and say that it represents liberty?

Someone show me the statistics where concealed carry holders are responsible for more shootings than non-concealed carry holders? I encourage everyone who reads this article to not vote for Brown based on the spurious comments he has written above (let alone for his other numerous mistakes). Don't Tread On Me, Anthony Brown."

He's just a Democrat playing to his Democratic base...

Like it or not, we live in a mostly liberal / Democratic / far left State...

Elijah Cummings won re-election in Merry-Land in 2012 by 77%...

I'm guessing Brown will also win by a lot...

How many Hogan Bumper Stickers have you seen..?

How many HQL's have been issued..?

1BADI5

Are we there yet
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft Meade AOR
    Funny part and I only skimmed through this..................BUT, after 1 full year of the enactment of dumb SB281..................where are the results????? I would love to hear BROWNstains answer to that question.

Sadly, there is none to speak of. It was just as effective of the federal firearm ban of 1994-2004. Bottomline there were no proven results or impact from the federal ban....hence the reason it was not renewed.

I urge you all to read the long term analysis/paper that was either by Penn State or U of P.

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    So remind me again how sb281 actually "strengthened" the existing law....

I think you may have missed this quote from the editorial that answers that fully for you:

"...we required enhanced, fingerprint-based background checks on their sale to prevent criminals from getting these deadly weapons."

So, you see, after sb281, criminals will be prevented from getting deadly weapons. That is like the ultimate in strengthening.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    I'm sure every time the police range gets used, the ninnies of this category dive into their houses and hide for hours in Havre de Grace? I mean I think they were firing AR's there last week. That has to be pretty damned evil right?

Northern Baltimore county at least is full of Republicans and libertarian types, and no shift in Cecil as far as I can tell so far. I ask the one neighbor if she has an issue with me target shooting and she says "no, not at all, everyone around here does that all the time, we are used to that". And so far no one has given 2 shits, though the deer and squirrels apparently aren't too fond of it.

try living not far where Hazzard county..whoops I mean Howard county gestapo uses the landfill for their firing range, the liberals are okay with the gunfire at 8am, I am not...unless I can join them.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    BC criminals buy from the local FFL :sad20:

The left already tries to say this. They imply it at every turn; that's why all FFL's in MD should be shut down. In their minds it would solve everything.

The uninformed believe the whole story, hook line and sinker

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom