• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KP Shooter

Le Flâneur
    Dec 1, 2009
    Long Island/ MoCo
    I will be traveling overseas (Africa and the middle east) by ship and I was wondering what the importation laws are. I did a little research and have gotten mixed results. It looks like there is a limit you can reach before you have to get a permit. Any thoughts?

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    you may need a maritime lawyer. I've read that there are a variety of international maritime treaties that impact the ability of individuals to move firearms and/or ammo by ship (there are some prohibitions) so if you don't own the boat you could be facing some complications. If you are going as a sailor on a commercial vessel, Insurance companies sometimes prohibit any weapons on board, which is one thing that helps those Somali pirates get away with it...

Depending on where you berth and how long, different countries also have various restrictions that may well apply. I know private yacht owners sometimes have to dissassemble and secure SD weapons aboard vessels per inspection and verification by customs officials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom