• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014
    Working up some loads and needed a quick brass catcher so I knew what brass was fired from each round.

Lucky for me, I had to clean the pool earlier and that gave me an idea. A few 1/8" straps, and a section of tubing and two bolts and I was ready to go.

IMG_20160513_141358_048_zpsxgsbvoqe.jpg

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I like that one for a bench, where did you get the wire frame and netting?

That looks like an expandable clothes hamper from Walmart with one side cut it. I travel a good bit for work and I have a couple of them. That first picture looks like the handles hanging down beside the box.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Yeah, that's what it is.

The side that gets cut out is sewn into the middle to absorb the force of the brass. Without it, the brass will bounce back at you.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Yeah, that's what it is.

The side that gets cut out is sewn into the middle to absorb the force of the brass. Without it, the brass will bounce back at you.

I double duty mine, I'll use it till it starts to tear, then it gets modified to a catcher.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    That looks like an expandable clothes hamper from Walmart with one side cut it. I travel a good bit for work and I have a couple of them. That first picture looks like the handles hanging down beside the box.

My wife hasn't realized it yet, but, when I get home, she's gonna lose one of those laundry baskets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:innocent0

FANTASTIC IDEA, by-the-way!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lemme see..... she's 'lost' a cookie sheet (for lubing cases); she's lost a collander (for separating brass from tumbling media); she's lost a plastic/rubbermaid laundry basket (cut off the sides and use the bottom for all sorts of stuff!); and now, a mesh laundry basket (for a brass catcher!)

:lol2:

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    My wife hasn't realized it yet, but, when I get home, she's gonna lose one of those laundry baskets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:innocent0

FANTASTIC IDEA, by-the-way!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lemme see..... she's 'lost' a cookie sheet (for lubing cases); she's lost a collander (for separating brass from tumbling media); she's lost a plastic/rubbermaid laundry basket (cut off the sides and use the bottom for all sorts of stuff!); and now, a mesh laundry basket (for a brass catcher!)

:lol2:

You know, my wife seems to have the same problem!

They just need to do a better job of keeping track of their things. Gets annoying to have to listen to the grumbling when they misplace their stuff! :innocent0

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    If this is for an AR (pictures blocked at work so I can't tell) a small towel or handkerchief over the scope and covering the ejection port is simple and easy to carry.

Dowtom

Nov 29, 2014
    Halethorpe
    If this is for an AR (pictures blocked at work so I can't tell) a small towel or handkerchief over the scope and covering the ejection port is simple and easy to carry.

Never thought of that. Doesn't cause any ejection issues? Not that it matters all that much since you'd be on a bench.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Never thought of that. Doesn't cause any ejection issues? Not that it matters all that much since you'd be on a bench.

No ejection problems. The brass comes out and pushes the cloth, then slides down onto the bench. If I remember one I stick a cup right about where the brass should fall, makes collecting them much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom