In case you haven't stopped shopping at Dick's yet, maybe this will convince you

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Someone's going, I'm up almost 600% in four years. I remember people got mad few years ago, bought the dip in the 20's range. Clothing, soccer moms is the cash cow. Not a bad fishing tackle selection as well.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Someone's going, I'm up almost 600% in four years. I remember people got mad few years ago, bought the dip in the 20's range. Clothing, soccer moms is the cash cow. Not a bad fishing tackle selection as well.
    Totally agree for soccer. SAC youth soccer gives out 15% off coupons during soccer season. Soccer moms love them coupons

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    So, doing better than your Coke, Annhauser-Bush, Disney, and Ben&Jerry's derived Unilever stock, then? Well isn't that special.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Soccer moms love Dick's!
    ****Choosy moms choose Dicks! :thumbsup:

My local store (Rio Shopping Center) seems packed, especially on weekends. That store seems to do very well, especially the youth sports departments, and athletic shoe dept. They would not be in business, and doing so well at their business if they were not meeting their customers demands.

Their stock price and overall market capitalization has been remarkably good for a retail outlet over the past 10 years as brick and mortar retail stores are a *very* tough business model now with Amazon and other such companies making things so easy to just order online and have it all shipped to your home.

I own a fair amount of their stock, and it has done well. I also bought in the dips and was pleasantly surprised it has done as well as it has, while other retail type stocks have generally lagged, or lost a bit of money when inflation is factored in. I'm not up as much as others as I bought in about 5 years ago, but that stock has done really well compared to other stuff I thought would do better but was way off and wrong about it.

There are *plenty* of companies I do not agree with politically yet I invest in them because they make me money I can use to purchase things I need, or like, etc.. If I boycotted every company that has political beliefs different than my own I'd probably be in the bad section of the refrigerator box town, vs the nicer sections with higher end boxes from brands such as GE, Wolf, Sub-Zero, Bosch, Miele where the richer homeless people live!

Having more money will get you into a nicer box! :innocent0

Screenshot 2023-06-09 193058.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-20 111120.png

Last edited:

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    I bought my first rifle at dicks in gburg a long time ago. Funny to think back at all the AR's on the racks

Mr Oni

Military history nut
    Dec 11, 2010
    Brooklyn md.
    Return it? I think you'd run into problems trying to return a gun anyplace. Why did you want to return it?
    It was put together like a piece of crap. The front wood screw was stripped the sight hood still comes off. I had to send it to the Henry factory. Last time I bought a new gun really stupid you can't return them.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Yeah Dick Heads doesn't have any problem selling shoes by Nike made by child labor in China do they. What does the phony CEO have to say about that. Maybe he hangs out with LeBron James! By the way haven't been to a Dick's since 2018 and never ever will go in there again.

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    I am not anti-gun so..
    I don't care what Dicks Sporting Goods position on guns are. As a matter of fact its his God given right to go with whatever convictions he might have. There are other local gun stores to frequent.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    They had an ammo sale years ago, where I got 200 rounds of 5.56 62 gr for $49.99 on sale. Well before they decided to be dicks at Dick's. Used to get a friend's son gift cards there at Christmas, so he could buy his own hunting gear. Changed to Bass Pro. Far better selection any way.

biohazard59

Sep 11, 2013
    Perry Hall
    it's all just a farce to pander to the anti gun crowd as dicks still owns field and stream that still sells firearms and firearm stuff as it's just a lower quality bass pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom