• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    That was my thought. Even if every single round fails, It's worth the price to pull and use as a component.

I hope that works out for you. I decided to skip the risk and went shootersproshop.com and got some Nosler 200grn custom match bullets (blems) for $23.75 per 100. flat-rate shipping of $13.00. They should shoot really good. The blems are only cosmetic.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I hope that works out for you. I decided to skip the risk and went shootersproshop.com and got some Nosler 200grn custom match bullets (blems) for $23.75 per 100. flat-rate shipping of $13.00. They should shoot really good. The blems are only cosmetic.

Came in today. Came up all Czech.

That said, Centerfire has since said that there's a mix of Czech and Bulgarian in the lot they are pulling from. It's a crap-shoot as to which you'll get. But my buddy and I pulled 1500 rounds of Czech 8mm between our two orders.

Apparently the batch of Bulgarian mixed in isn't as bad as others. Some hang-fires according to reports, but not anything terrible.

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    Came in today. Came up all Czech.

That said, Centerfire has since said that there's a mix of Czech and Bulgarian in the lot they are pulling from. It's a crap-shoot as to which you'll get. But my buddy and I pulled 1500 rounds of Czech 8mm between our two orders.

Apparently the batch of Bulgarian mixed in isn't as bad as others. Some hang-fires according to reports, but not anything terrible.

Good for you! In that case that was quite a deal. Most of the reviews of the czech 8mm is pretty good plus being brass cased you can scrap the spent brass to recoup some of your money. What years are stamped on them?

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Good for you! In that case that was quite a deal. Most of the reviews of the czech 8mm is pretty good plus being brass cased you can scrap the spent brass to recoup some of your money. What years are stamped on them?

All 1961.

Attachments

• 20200822_163620-1.jpg
      20200822_163620-1.jpg
      47.9 KB · Views: 718

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    All 1961.

Thats bulgarian not czech. 10= factory for Bulgaria. All their ammo is bulgarian just some brass and some steel. I believe the earlier stuff was brass. Expect lots of hangfires from mild to bad. Theres a review on YouTube by Mike B. He shoots the brass and steel type. Posted yesterday.

Jul 1, 2012
    I saw those, and the magazines are a super deal too, used to be they would run you $75-100.
    There's a guy in the Netherlands that just started making high-quality repros of the 1951 and Helwan lock blocks too, with some improvements.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    I saw those, and the magazines are a super deal too, used to be they would run you $75-100.
    There's a guy in the Netherlands that just started making high-quality repros of the 1951 and Helwan lock blocks too, with some improvements.

Dan's Sporting Goods have the mags cheaper (29.95 I believe) including free shipping. He is my go too source for pick of the crop PW Import stuff which I believe these likely are.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    A decent Radom P.35(p) magazine will run anywhere from $125 to $175...

Sorry, should have been clearer. The Vis-35 is complete with mag and functioning (and looks quite nice as it should for the price they're asking) There are 4 or so HSCs that need mags and trigger work for ~$400ea. They also have complete HSCs, some Lugers, P.38, etc.

Jul 1, 2012
    Sorry, should have been clearer. The Vis-35 is complete with mag and functioning (and looks quite nice as it should for the price they're asking) There are 4 or so HSCs that need mags and trigger work for ~$400ea. They also have complete HSCs, some Lugers, P.38, etc.

I only saw the one, the Grade II P.35(p) which says there's no mag, and none in the pic.
    https://www.ows-ammo.com/polish-radom-vis-35-pistol-waffen-marked-grade-ii
    Six months ago I'd say $1200 was a crazy price for a 70% with poor bore, even WITH the mag, but they are selling like hotcakes (the "original" $2k price is indeed insane though no matter how you slice it). But you can still find a nice (90%+) Grade II with a proper mag for around $1200. Looks like I was low on the mag prices now as well, more like $150 to $200.

Both the WW2 P.38's, Walther ac/43 and ac/42, are a mess unfortunately, and both have an import mark on the right side of slide - albeit neatly done and not the CAI or PW drunken monkey dot-matrix specials. Worth maybe half the asking price.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I only saw the one, the Grade II P.35(p) which says there's no mag, and none in the pic.
    https://www.ows-ammo.com/polish-radom-vis-35-pistol-waffen-marked-grade-ii
    Six months ago I'd say $1200 was a crazy price for a 70% with poor bore, even WITH the mag, but they are selling like hotcakes (the "original" $2k price is indeed insane though no matter how you slice it). But you can still find a nice (90%+) Grade II with a proper mag for around $1200. Looks like I was low on the mag prices now as well, more like $150 to $200.

Both the WW2 P.38's, Walther ac/43 and ac/42, are a mess unfortunately, and both have an import mark on the right side of slide - albeit neatly done and not the CAI or PW drunken monkey dot-matrix specials. Worth maybe half the asking price.

Gotcha. Yeah, OWS always comes out with an insanely high price at the beginning of their offerings and then slowly lowers it until they hit blowout territory. They're hit-or-miss as well (eg. my Yugo sporter K98 was a home-run, but those recent re-blued Chilean Mausers were just awful) but that's kind of the way things are anymore, even with some of the bigger guys (Classic, RTI, Apex, etc.)

I'm somewhat tempted to roll the dice on one of those CZ50s though. Unfortunately, while at work, I can't check competitors sites to shop around.

dweissman

Mar 23, 2020
    Gotcha. Yeah, OWS always comes out with an insanely high price at the beginning of their offerings and then slowly lowers it until they hit blowout territory. They're hit-or-miss as well (eg. my Yugo sporter K98 was a home-run, but those recent re-blued Chilean Mausers were just awful) but that's kind of the way things are anymore, even with some of the bigger guys (Classic, RTI, Apex, etc.)

I'm somewhat tempted to roll the dice on one of those CZ50s though. Unfortunately, while at work, I can't check competitors sites to shop around.

I just pulled the trigger on a CZ50. I've been in the market for a C&R pocket pistol type gun (this or a P-64) and this is a decent price for what I've seen. Doesn't seem to be a ton of them on the market anymore; I was tracking a good looking one on GB that went for $290 (and charging $40 for shipping vs. OWS $15) and a quite rough looking one on GunsAmerica that went for $230 w/$30 shipping. I can report back when I receive mine.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I just pulled the trigger on a CZ50. I've been in the market for a C&R pocket pistol type gun (this or a P-64) and this is a decent price for what I've seen. Doesn't seem to be a ton of them on the market anymore; I was tracking a good looking one on GB that went for $290 (and charging $40 for shipping vs. OWS $15) and a quite rough looking one on GunsAmerica that went for $230 w/$30 shipping. I can report back when I receive mine.

Good luck. I love my Cz50. Though I got it a couple of years ago. The 50 is nicer than the P64. I had a couple P64s. Decent. Mint condition. To get an acceptable DA trigger pull, the SA was too light and had some light strikes. Not super pleasant under recoil. For a pocket pistol I’d pick it over a Cz50 for actual carry. For range gun, the Cz50 by a mile. You can shoot that one all day long and it’s comfortable and nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom