• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Virginia Arms in Manassas stocks Kimbers, and they transfer! I bought a Stainless Target II from their stock three years ago. They have quite a selection, and I believe mine came with the spent casing.

Jim

matt_b89

Apr 5, 2011
    Allegany County/Frostburg
    I'd definately get a Ruger in that price range. p95 for poly or a p89 for metal. I have the p89 and it's a great gun...just a little big. The p series pistol mags will work in a ruger carbine later on too if you want to go that route. they can be had at amazing prices and are super reliable. 9mm is the way to go in this case. WHATEVER YOU DO SAVE SOME MONEY FOR A GOOD FLASHLIGHT OR NIGHT SIGHTS! take any gun you have and try aiming it before you go to bed and see if you can find the sights. good luck

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    .380 is just as expensive at .45. Get a 9mm for bedside. Price for ammo is less and will allow you to practice more. Especially is CC in not a worry, get a full size with a rail incase you want a light/laser on it. I have .380 for personal CC and love it but capacity is low and rounds are $$$. If you want the .380 cuz the wife will shoot it also, look at the Beretta 84/85 Cheetah. Nice all steel and shoot dead on. They can be had used for $350 and are very reliable and IMO look great, especiall in nickel with the wood grips.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I have the Ruger P95. Bud's Gun Shop just got them back in stock for $300... the FFL transfer charge is $30. I buy from Bud's and they're great. Check it out: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/18161

P95 ran nightstand duty for me for several years, now it sits in a safe in retirement replaced by a USP 9. Definitely get a full sized gun, the pocket rockets are great but they aren't as instinctive to shoot well (I own both an LCP and a sub-compact .45) and can't touch the capacity of 15+ rounds per mag.

JnstemIII

Feb 23, 2011
    Oldtown, MD
    I still havent decieded yet i ha d money for one and then bought a 300 blackout upper piece by piece. I dont think i have got over the ar disorder. And now i want to build a long range .223 and a 9mm. Somewhere in there i need to get a handgun. Problem is i cant make up my mind. Plus have been offered to go shot some that another person has but havent had the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom