• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    I'm trying to get my new midlength handguards onto a PSA upper and am having a hell of a time. I can't get the back end to fully seat into the delta ring. I have a second set to install on another rifle and am afraid to start. Anyone have problems like this?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This operation is generally best done with a second pair of hands. Do you have a spouse or a buddy who can come over to assist?

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    This operation is generally best done with a second pair of hands. Do you have a spouse or a buddy who can come over to assist?

Ain't that the truth. The tool is cheap and works well. It's worth picking up IMO.

As far as an improvised approach, when at the range (without my tools), I did as follows: (I) sit on a stool, (II) put the butt on the ground between your legs, and (III) use your feet on the delta ring while removing/replacing the hand guard with your hands... :sad20: It actually worked pretty well.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Ain't that the truth. The tool is cheap and works well. It's worth picking up IMO.

As far as an improvised approach, when at the range (without my tools), I did as follows: (I) sit on a stool, (II) put the butt on the ground between your legs, and (III) use your feet on the delta ring while removing/replacing the hand guard with your hands... :sad20: It actually worked pretty well.

This is what came to mind reading your method...I have wrestled with my rifle length Magpul handguards before until I got better at removal/installation.:lol2:

MFPlain.jpg

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick

Lol it's the wife's gun. Number one it looks like the one side "just" won't come together and two, the back edge looks "just" a little thick to seat. Wife had a couple of folks at her work that built before and is asking around for the tool, might just need that to get the extra mm I need. If not I'll take you up on your offer.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    I just installed a new Magpul MOE Middy on my AR the other day. Even with the correct tool, it was a tight fit getting the hand guard to sit properly.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Guys,

Buy a hand guard tool.

It fits inside the mag well and compresses the delta ring so one person can to the job with ease.

Best 15 bucks you'll ever spend.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    You can bring your rifle to Bass Pro and have them install them. I would recommend picking up the tool as it will make life easier in the future.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I used the handles of my channel locks. Worked good.

That's what I do and I can't believe everyone seems to be having such issues. I have probably installed, removed, reinstalled mine 15 times as I change my mind on accessories mounted on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom