• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I tried someone else's grip they spent all kinds of money on and ya, it felt better than OEM but not "just right".

A friend at work told me about "instamorph". I'm considering making a custom formed overmold for my OEM grip. I already have a replacement grip incase i totaly jack it up.

Has anyone used "instamorph" to make a custom form fitted overgrip? I'm calling it an overgrip (maybe incorrectly) because its going to go OVER the OEM grip, not a remove and replace.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    fair question. AR style rifle. i've got a replacement grip incase i totaly jack it up. I can't see this helping with things like an m1garand etc where there's no "grip" like the AR. Guess i could also try it on my Kimber 1911 pistol too but... i'll start with the AR.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    fair question. AR style rifle. i've got a replacement grip incase i totaly jack it up. I can't see this helping with things like an m1garand etc where there's no "grip" like the AR. Guess i could also try it on my Kimber 1911 pistol too but... i'll start with the AR.

If I where doing it the only thing I would worry about is making sure I mold the grip on the gun and taping up the reciever so nothing gets inside the important bits of the FCG and the safety selector. Other than that, good luck and let us know how it goes.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I'll probably mush it into form then use a little vet tape or w/e to hold it into position. After i'm happy, i'll redo it with super glue.. maybe.. or.. something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom