• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryanjusmc

Celer Silens Mortalis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Edgemere
    Look in the above link for your answer. Any shall issue state will usually have at least 3% . Taking into consideration how onerous and expensive Md's current process is , it might at least initially dip into the 2's.

Before most of America went Shall Issue , those states with a more or less impartially administered May Issue would be between 0.5 and 1.0% .

So far MSP has not included any information about Restrictions , but they can be infered once the recent dtata with occupations is released.

Security related occupations , business owners and managers you can assume to be restricted. Corrections Ofc , States Attournies , and Gov't Investagators ( presumably falling outside LEOSA fine print) , and politicians assume to be unrestricted.

Doctors and Lawyers can vary case to case.

"Retired" can be anything , but doesn't take imagination to think that many are retired Corrections or retired LE .( I know most retired LE are eligable for LEOSA , but Fed and Md have different fine print , and some prefer to have redundency.). Likewise former LE that didn't reach full retirement , or retired young enough to have a second career will be hidden among misic occupations.

If I'm not mistaken most or all of Correctional Officers who have permits are restricted as well. Something to the effect of only being valid off duty while employed as a CO. Which in itself is silly to me as they do not need a permit to carry while on duty, nor do they conceal. To me it honestly seems a ploy to make sure if one were to no longer be employed as a CO they could not carry their permit over for use as a civilian as they would 'no longer have G&S. After all, if one were no longer employed as a CO a previous detainee/gang member would no longer want to kill them because they have a different job. It's 'common sense' permit regulation :sarcasm:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    If I'm not mistaken most or all of Correctional Officers who have permits are restricted as well. Something to the effect of only being valid off duty while employed as a CO. Which in itself is silly to me as they do not need a permit to carry while on duty, nor do they conceal. To me it honestly seems a ploy to make sure if one were to no longer be employed as a CO they could not carry their permit over for use as a civilian as they would 'no longer have G&S. After all, if one were no longer employed as a CO a previous detainee/gang member would no longer want to kill them because they have a different job. It's 'common sense' permit regulation :sarcasm:
    You hit the nail on the head. Typically MSP will modify your permit to unrestricted if you request when you leave employment as a CO. You may even get a renewal out of the deal. There won't be a second renewal without new G&S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom