• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Giffords has come out with a set of guidelines for states that don’t like the Bruen decision:

Highlights:
    - calls out MD as a state that *needs* to do what Giffords says
    - deep background checks incl. requiring privacy waivers to permit snooping into wherever LE wants to look
    - mandatory in person interview with LE
    - doubling down on providing multiple references as part of the “objective” process
    - LE should snoop into social media as part of the “objective” process
    - expanding “sensitive areas” definition
    - Vampire Carry (ie crime if not specifically invited in by private property business owner)
    - destroy preemption to let locals expand “sensitive areas” and whatever else they want to do

There is more but you get the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Giffords has come out with a set of guidelines for states that don’t like the Bruen decision:

Highlights:
    - deep background checks incl. requiring privacy waivers to permit snooping into wherever LE wants to look
    - doubling down on providing multiple references as part of the “objective” process
    - Vampire Carry (ie crime if not specifically invited in by private property business owner)
    - destroy preemption to let locals expand “sensitive areas” and whatever else they want to do

Makes sense. I hate it, but it makes sense. If you get rid of pre-emotion you aren’t fighting one bad law, you are fighting a dozen, or a score, or 30 bad laws all in the same state.

Unless they get voted out, the pols don’t care they are wasting money on lawsuits.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I hope whomever made the "Frosh Reacts to Buren" video will make a similar one when Maryland's "assault weapon" ban is struck down. Along those lines, I can't wait to see what Giffords and the mommies say then.

Giffords can take their advice and place it in an area unexposed to sunshine for all I care.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Preemption is a sword that cuts both ways. They won't risk allowing counties or municipalities open up gun regs... remember, most of MD, in terms of area, is red, it is just the population centers that are blue.
    The problem is you can just change ore-emotion to say counties are not allowed to enact any laws less stringent than the state. Leave it at that.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018

Highlights:

Seems like an excellent voter approval process. Pass a background check and be interviewed by a LEO before you have access to a ballot.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I get the impression that the MGA is inclined to let New York and California clear the minefield on this one. Especially since Justice Thomas anticipated most of the potential tricks when he wrote the decision.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Unless they get voted out, the pols don’t care they are wasting money on lawsuits.
    Voted out? Oh, no. There's a point where they are liable to both civil suit and criminal prosecution. I favor the latter.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Did she shrink of this on her own with less an half a brain remaining? Or was it wannabe space cadet’s idea?

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021

Highlights:

Most of which appear to be in violation of the Bruen ruling and serve no legitimate purpose. The intent appears to be to impose burdens on the applicants for the sake of burden and to delay approval. They are taking a page (really as much as they can carry) from the policies in Japan.

The result might be what they hope least for which is constitutional carry.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Most of which appear to be in violation of the Bruen ruling and serve no legitimate purpose. The intent appears to be to impose burdens on the applicants for the sake of burden and to delay approval. They are taking a page (really as much as they can carry) from the policies in Japan.

The result might be what they hope least for which is constitutional carry.
    "Never interrupt an adversary while they are making a mistake..."

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I just finished reading that and had the same thought... as to doing everything St. Clarence of Thomas warned against.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Seems like an excellent voter approval process. Pass a background check and be interviewed by a LEO before you have access to a ballot.

Three local MD references.

That will reduce the Republican voters considerably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom