• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • merc669

May 1, 2005
    Southern MD
    I am just starting to get into it a little. They just had the MD State Shoot here in St Marys at Sanners Lake. A lot of out of state and other shooters. Well represented from MD and had a few Sponsers (Beretta, etc). Here is a link for more info on IDPA; http://www.idpa.com/menu.htm ........

Bill......

cnemikeman

May 15, 2005
    IDPA is a lot of fun. Go out, enjoy the atmosphere, get in a little bit o' practice, and find ways to improve your skills. I shoot IDPA and now starting to also shoot USPSA..... both are a blast. (Literally, too!!) Any specific questions, ask away........

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Would they let you shoot with one hand or do they require this two hand stuff? :)

I think my target practice shooting has advanced far enough for me to think I can try something new and maybe compete without embarrasing myself.

Now what is USPSA?

merc669

May 1, 2005
    Southern MD
    From what I have seen its wide open. Some of the stages are shooting both hands or with one hand (both Strong and Weak Hands) in different situtations. Down here they have a house for certain situtations like you are playing solitare at a table and the timing buzzer goes off indicationg the start and you have to drop the cards, grab your gun, and shoot at a target. It also includes multiple shots to the target for say two to the chest and one to the head at close range or while moving. Check out the IDPA page and there are some pictures that show different events. But from watching them, as soon as I feel more comfortable with my 9, I am going to try it!!

Bill....... :D

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I looked at some of those pictures right before I last posted. That is where I got the impression that everyone used two hands. I should have looked longer.

Poker game situation sounds awsome. I would also love to try that with a single action revolver to see if I would do better than Wild Bill Hickock (sp?) did.

Tree Rat

Always a good target
    May 20, 2005
    novas....come down to Sanners and check it out.....next match is 18 June.

Drop me an email if you want more details.

TR

A17195

Jun 12, 2005
    Sanners would be a good place for you to start. You will need a gun, at least three magazines, mag carrier, glasses, ears, ammo, a minimal amount of money and a sense of humor. Shooting will be done with both hands as well as strong and weak hand. You will shoot from a seated position, standing, moving, etc., etc. Don't worry about doing well - we ALL screw this stuff up on occasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom