• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daddyursus

Trusted Shellback
    Jan 11, 2013
    In a van down by the river
    Very interesting post. I purchased first time from an FFL everybody told me was the cheapest in the area. As the 90 days approached, I started asking questions. I wasn't impressed with their book keeping and every day they asked my name and promptly forgot it the next time I came in. I took the plunge and sent an email to the MSP inquiring the status. Next morning I received a reply and within 20 minutes the FFL called to say my paperwork was in.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    As consumers in a free economy, we should choose a dealer that suits our needs and/or preferences.

IMO, the poster you quoted got a little enthusiastic over it.

Yes I agree I am enthusiastic about it.
    Would your dealer let you take 100 + days to let you pay him for your gun?
    Would you let a car dealer hold onto the car you payed for, for 100 + days?
    Would your dealer call for service to their AC in the store and wait for 100 + days for them to show up?

Should I go on?

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    This doesn't surprise me at all. Call me paranoid or distrusting or whatever you like, but we are being messed with by the whole system and all involved. I have multiple nfa items and regulated firearms and somehow my paper work "magically" showed up the day after I called for the third time. Day 98. No reason at all for this crap.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Hmmmm
    Any good lawers reading all this??? Want to do some pro bono work on this as well? If a pattern can be establish that MSP is doing ll the delay on the orders of the Gov or the MSPSuper then a class action lawsuite could be established. mabe an Fed investegation also..
    Just thinking......

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Hmmmm
    Any good lawers reading all this??? Want to do some pro bono work on this as well? If a pattern can be establish that MSP is doing ll the delay on the orders of the Gov or the MSPSuper then a class action lawsuite could be established. mabe an Fed investegation also..
    Just thinking......

They have already taken the case. They dropped the suit after the MSP regurgitated the law a promised to do better job with the application backlog.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Similar thing happened to me. FFL called me. NICS was completed week prior before fax. Probably an additional 7 days. I doubt any FFL will make a stink for fear of retribution.

ob1murry

May 18, 2011
    Happened to me as well. It tooke almost 90 days and MSP did not return my paperwork to my FFL for 27 days after getting it approved. I had 3 days from the call from my FFL to pick it up before it expired. Thank goodness I was around and not out of town on vacation or something.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    I had two lowers on two separate 77R forms. They were faxed in by the transfer dealer at the same time and were on the same cover sheet. One was ND and the other is not completed yet. MSP is not a model of efficiency.

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    So, what were suppose to call the MDSP to get our guns now?? what did we pay the FFL for then?? just to hold the guns for 100 days..
    oh whats the MDSP number so i can call on mine thats been waiting since May 1.

baconsandwich

master of the obvious
    Apr 20, 2013
    Baltimore City
    MSP lied to me as well. I emailed them on 7/13 to inquire about the status of my 4/6 purchase. Got a prompt reply stating that my app had gone into the second review pile on 7/1. On 7/16 I got a call from the FFL telling me to come pick up. The form indicated that my app had been "not disapproved" on 7/1. So clearly it had not gone into 2nd review as I was told. MSP just waited an exta 15 days to fax my app back to the FFL and LIED to me about it. Grrr.....

cornbrown

Apr 8, 2012
    I just called MSP to check the status of my Paper work Purchased 4-4-2013. My first call. The trooper who answered took my social... then said your paper work was done with ND on 7-16. didn't ....Guns call you? I said no.. That why I called you guys (MSP). He then said give him 10mins to fax the paper work to my dealer... I said thank you sir and hung up... I am pissed off and happy at the same time.... Only thing is my dealer is not open on Mondays... So I guess one more day of waiting won't kill me..

People if you have been waiting for a while call and check on the status of your paper work...

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    People if you have been waiting for a while call and check on the status of your paper work...

Which is total bullschit that this should even need done.

In a "normal" industry this schit wouldn't fly, the whole situation, from a LOT of the FFL's out there to the way the MSP treats people.

If this were a car dealership, or restaurant or any other business they'd be LONG gone, driven out of business.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I just called to see where mine is even though I did the paperwork on 7-11-13
    the woman told me they are on April and that they may not get to July until September. I told her I thought it was worth a check to see where it was and she hung up on me.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I just called to see where mine is even though I did the paperwork on 7-11-13
    the woman told me they are on April and that they may not get to July until September. I told her I thought it was worth a check to see where it was and she hung up on me.

Your expectations are way too high...you filthy lowlife taxpayer! :sad20::rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom