• teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I get annoyed with some of these guys.

"My experience is the less guns the better"

Yeah? You ever have experience with law-abiding citizens carrying guns, or are things just bad when more criminals have guns. His only experience is with the latter, and the experience of LEOs in States which are "shall-issue" have not reflected his "experience" at all.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    One of the reasons I've always liked Sheriff Jenkins is that he's never been afraid to speak his mind even if it's not popular with some.

As evidenced in the quote below:

"The bad guys and criminals are going to get guns or other weapons regardless," Jenkins said. "We can't, as a society, control the deranged individuals who have an intent to do harm."

But if law-abiding people are also armed, it could save lives, he said. "I'm sure the opinions will vary ... but in the end we all have to respect an individual's right to protect his or herself."

marylandgrdnr

May 7, 2011
    Frederick
    One of the reasons I've always liked Sheriff Jenkins is that he's never been afraid to speak his mind even if it's not popular with some.

Me too,

I think that attitude resonates with most of the deputies. isn't he elected by the people as chief dine is elected by politicians?

Aug 19, 2011
    Fredneck, MD
    I am another fan of Jenkins. I don't always agree with him but can certainly appreciate a straight shooter, so to speak. I applied for his department back in the day but only made it to the interview panel. It would of been a pleasure to work under him.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Having met Chuck Jenkins while I was at work one day, I knew he was a straight shooter from the minute he introduced himself. The residents of FredCo either love him or hate him, but one thing they all know is he is a straight shooter and on top of a lot more than most people realize. IIRC he was all for the local chief LEO to approve the permitting process for not only NFA but also CCW. There was a write up in the FNP about a year or so ago to that effect with his opinions. The biggest thing I picked up from the article was that he thought that local LEO's could do a far more efficient job of doing the permitting for CCW than MSP could.

marylandgrdnr

May 7, 2011
    Frederick
    Having met Chuck Jenkins while I was at work one day, I knew he was a straight shooter from the minute he introduced himself. The residents of FredCo either love him or hate him, but one thing they all know is he is a straight shooter and on top of a lot more than most people realize. IIRC he was all for the local chief LEO to approve the permitting process for not only NFA but also CCW. There was a write up in the FNP about a year or so ago to that effect with his opinions. The biggest thing I picked up from the article was that he thought that local LEO's could do a far more efficient job of doing the permitting for CCW than MSP could.

I also remember Jenkins broadcasting his opinions on the radio on the permitting process, probably the Blaine young show but of course he is a guest on that program on many occasions.

another article on our sheriff that has stirred the pot. Look at #2

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/us/2010/11/09/americas-toughest-immigration-sheriffs/#slide=1

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Appointed vs. Elected. One serves at the pleasure of a politician. One serves at the pleasure of the people. Which one is more likely in tune with the average citizen?

Both Blaine Young (President of the Board of County Commissioners) and Chuck Jenkins (Sheriff) are elected by the voters in Frederick County. I don't know how it works in other counties in MD. FWIW, Jenkins does his job and uses his track record and isn't a political animal (that I have seen), Blaine Young on the other hand is a politician to the core...

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Remember also that whenever you are listening to a police chief you are listening to a political hack. Almost every police chief in this state from MSP's on down serves in an appointed position and can be dismissed at will without even two seconds notice by the politician who appointed him. So they are going to parrot the party line they are given. You don't climb to their level by being too much of a free thinker anyway. Sheriffs on the other hand are elected and have more freedom about what they can say, though they also temper their statements for their voters.

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    Bottom line: you can't mandate nor legislate morals.

Criminals by definition do NOT follow the law.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

The Shooter

Nov 28, 2010
    A.A. Co
    It bothers me that the article references the Az. and Co. and says that even though they are right to carry states it had no effect on the outcome of either of those shootings. However fails to mention that even tho they are right to carry states it was illegal to carry at either event. So once again they were both times when disarming the innocent only protected the evil.

Al's Snackbar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    I agree with the good Sheriff. If and when MD residents are authorized to conceal-carry, I will go out and get the permit. But I can't foresee a situation in which I would walk out of the house with a gun regularly. If I ever carried, it would be a very very very rare moment indeed.

And that is the word from Al's Snackbar.

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    When I received my UT & FL permits & then travelled out of state, I felt a sense of responsibility TO carry. MD makes you out as a criminal, but I hope the CA4 holds the lower court ruling allowing us to be free.

Carrying is definitely a life style change. I don't drink at all when I carry. Also, you have to consider places where you aren't allowed & what to do if you have to enter those places, such as how you're going to secure the weapon & where.

The good thing is it will be YOUR choice and not one made by some liberal Annapolis bureaucrat.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom