• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    I'm taking my wife to Ireland for her 30th. Normally when we travel (in the US) as soon as I get my checked bagage my knife goes back into my pocket. Does anybody know if they have any goofy laws over there about folders or blade length that would maybe get my griptilian confiscated? I just feel so naked not having something on me. Searching the net hasn't really revealed much for me.

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    I would ditto that response, Your not going to be searched unless you deserve it ( silly behavior, not handling your beer Etc ) funnily enough though they don't care what's in your checked luggage, explosives are much higher on the radar. My sister brought my father ( in the UK ) a ridiculous bowie knife back from Florida, would have been very clear on X ray and nobody cared.

UK is folding, non locking pocket knife under 3 inches, I would guess Ireland ( if your going to the south ) wold be the same or very similar. Northern Ireland would be UK ruling.

TrevorWills

May 20, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    I dunno what exactly the law is either but when my wife and I visited Ireland I just brought my multi tool and kept it in its pouch on my hip after getting my bags from the airport. My whole thing was if I ever needed to use it either I was working on my rental car or was in a dangerous situation in which me having a knife would be the least of my concerns.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Thanks all, I guess I'll just dig a multitool out of my range bag. Their knife laws appear to be almost as bad their gun laws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom