• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xTourniquet

May 10, 2011
    I am moving to Caroline County towards the end of the month, and was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction. I am trying to find a cable internet provider that services Goldsboro but haven't found anything so far. Not even DSL! :tdown:

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    We had Baybroadband ("wireless?") and switched to Atlantic Broadband when they dropped cable in the area. Have you checked with either of these providers?

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    Welcome to the reality of Caroline. 30 years behind the times. Heck, the county only puts sand down on its roads. Yes, seriously.

*posted from his dial up connection*

larr

Apr 1, 2011
    Easternshore
    Welcome to the reality of Caroline. 30 years behind the times. Heck, the county only puts sand down on its roads. Yes, seriously.

*posted from his dial up connection*

Just curious, how long have you lived in Caroline county?

To the OP, Atlantic broadband has a wireless dish on the Goldsboro tower and if you can see it from where your moving to then you should be able to get it or Atlantic broadband.

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    Just curious, how long have you lived in Caroline county?

To the OP, Atlantic broadband has a wireless dish on the Goldsboro tower and if you can see it from where your moving to then you should be able to get it or Atlantic broadband.

My parents moved us here in Dec of 84, so almost my entire life. Sure there are some advantages to living here, but a lot of other things, yeah, enough said.

xTourniquet

May 10, 2011
    I have looked into Atlantic Broadband, and when I go to their site to check availability I get redirected to Comcast.

When I go onto the Comcast website, I put in the address and it says the service is available, until I get through the checkout process and their technician can't find the address in their system. >_<

Exede may be my only option if those two aren't available. I am really hesitant to go with sattelite though because of the latency - I won't be able to play online games anymore...

theneckie

Jun 7, 2013
    Queen Anne
    I haven't tried any online gaming with mine now but I don't think you would have a problem with it I used to play online with a jet pack and excede is way faster.

xTourniquet

May 10, 2011
    I haven't tried any online gaming with mine now but I don't think you would have a problem with it I used to play online with a jet pack and excede is way faster.

What plan do you have if you don't mind me asking? What is your typical usage? Just want to figure out what plan I would need if I go that route.

Thanks!

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    Here is where I get mine from. This is the new Bay Broadband. They need line of sight to one of there dish mounted towers. I pay roughly 75 a month for it and it works pretty good but it certainly isnt no FIOS but beats dial up.

http://wavevision.com/maryland/

I have been in Caroline County for about 11 yrs and it has its pros and cons. I am only about 2 miles from the DE line and now wish I would have been in DE.

What is bringing you to Goldsboro?

xTourniquet

May 10, 2011
    I think I may have found a solution. Verizon has a new-ish service called "HomeFusion" that is basically a big 4G antenna that mounts on the roof like a satellite dish. Link

What is bringing you to Goldsboro?

First time homebuyer, dollar goes a LOT further in Goldsboro property-wise than on Kent Island where I'm moving from.

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    Just beware the data cap on that stuff xTourniquet. If you like streaming movies from places like netflicks, you'll hit it really quickly.

Roady, your lucky, I live just over the freaking curvature of the Earth, and unless I erect a tower, I can't get the signal, and even then, the tech said it would still questionable.

theneckie

Jun 7, 2013
    Queen Anne
    Yeah I pay $80 for 15 gb a month and anything from midnight to 5:30 are free so that's when I do all my big downloads I haven't checked the actual speeds on it.

xTourniquet

May 10, 2011
    I ended up going with a Verizon 4G wireless router. The homefusion tech said the signal wasnt strong enough here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom