• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zethon

Dec 27, 2012
    I do a radio show based in Frederick County. Next Monday (Oct 7th) we are interviewing Delegate Kathleen Dumais (D-MoCo) about the recent gun laws that went into effect yesterday.

I would like to field from you guys any questions or points that you think should be brought up during the interview.

Thoughts? Ideas?

(FYI, we're The Addy & Gabe Show (www.addyandgabeshow.com))

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I do a radio show based in Frederick County. Next Monday (Oct 7th) we are interviewing Delegate Kathleen Dumais (D-MoCo) about the recent gun laws that went into effect yesterday.

I would like to field from you guys any questions or points that you think should be brought up during the interview.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Cancel the show. You couldn't pay me to listen to that C*nt sit on air and stroke her ego.

Shutterbug

Have camera, will travel!
    Nov 24, 2012
    AACo
    Can always ask how SB281 would have prevented Sandy Hook, Navy Yard, etc. Followups would be to dive into the specifics of the bill and ask how certain banned features would have made things worse. Also, get your post count up so you can post this stuff in the WC where it can be relatively safe from prying eyes.

MagnumFarce

May 3, 2013
    Centreville, MD
    Cancel the show. You couldn't pay me to listen to that C*nt sit on air and stroke her ego.

I'll second that. It isn't as if the good Delegate is going to sit on air with you and say "Oh wow -- I made a colossal mistake." I heard enough of her during the last session and emergency AELR hearing -- good luck with your show, but I will not be listening. If I wanted to listen to an a$$hole, I'd eat a can of beans for dinner.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD

Thoughts? Ideas?

Never heard of you guys... What area are you out of, and why kind of show is it?

Independence

long member
    Jul 16, 2008
    Nottingham
    Hold her accountable. When she cites the new laws as saving thousands of lives, tell her to show you how through FBI stats. What percentage of lives will be saved over a 1, 5, 10 year period. Don't let her spout stuff and be unchallenged. We're not another country so don't let her say "well, the UK has this and murders by firearms are extremely low." We're not the UK and we have vastly different economic, legal, and ethnic demographics. We don't compare.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    Can always ask how SB281 would have prevented Sandy Hook, Navy Yard, etc. Followups would be to dive into the specifics of the bill and ask how certain banned features would have made things worse. Also, get your post count up so you can post this stuff in the WC where it can be relatively safe from prying eyes.

that is probably the best way to embarass her.

without even having to argue the constitutionality of a single part of the bill. you can simple point out how it will have ZERO effect on crime and ammounts to a bunch of political grandstanding by the democrats to make it look like they "DID SOMETHING" after sandy hook.

also bring up the CDC's study that was under obama's charge, that shows how more guns in the hands of the law abiding citizens = less crime.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Ask her to explain why she thinks MD strict gun control laws will work, when they have failed in US cities. What makes MD so special?
    Ask her to explain why states with less restrictive gun laws have less crime.

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    Ask her why, if saving peoples lives is that important to her, she doesn't introduce legislation to end abortion. Ask her to force MD doctors into releasing abortion data to the CDC. Ask her why 34,920 were killed in 2008, the last year MD released data to the CDC. Ask why those lives are so unimportant.

zethon

Dec 27, 2012
    Never heard of you guys... What area are you out of, and why kind of show is it?

It's a talk show, I like to call it "guy talk" (think Don & Mike, Howard Stern, Opie & Anthony).

We talk about everything from politics, to video games, to what we had for lunch. We're heard on www.wthu.org which can be heard in Frederick, H'town and norther Frederick County in general.

Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD
    Ask her if it's unfortunate or ironic her last name is so close to dumbarse.

If I can pick up your frequency on my shop radio I'll listen while I work on my Ak-74, I'm waiting on my press and other bits and bobs, so by the time you're airing the show i'll be elbow deep.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Ask the bitch what O'Malley offered her and Valereo to make them put the AR15 back on the banned list after it had been removed.

Personally, I'd find a new job before I'd lower myself to interview her. Don't expect many from here to be listening.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    We're not another country so don't let her say "well, the UK has this and murders by firearms are extremely low." We're not the UK and we have vastly different economic, legal, and ethnic demographics. We don't compare.

the UK is actually a good example in that sure their "firearm" murders are lower, but their total murder rate is about on par with the US states.

Murder-Rates-2011.png

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita

watch out for stat distortion that isn't a % or per capita, the US has 5 times the population of the UK

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Thoughts? Ideas?

What does Frosh's ass taste like? O'Malleys?

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Ask her one or more of the following:
    1. The AR-15 is the most popular rifle of the past 20 years in the U.S., made by more than 80 companies throughout the country, including one company in Maryland. It is also disproportionately involved in crimes, like in less than 1% of intentional homicides. Therefore, what makes her believe that the majority party in Maryland can ban the AR-15 without infringing on the 2nd Amendment of the U.S. constitution?
    2. If the majority party can ban the most popular rifle in the country without infringing on the constitution, what would stop the majority party from banning popular books by Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter or Mark Levin?
    3. Let's suppose part of the 1st Amendment to the U.S. constitution was written like the 2nd Amendment: "A well-educated electorate being necessary for the security of a free state, the right of the People to keep and bear books shall not be infringed." Would Delegate Dumais interpret that to mean that only Harvard grads have the right to keep and bear books? Or would she interpret that to mean that the right of all Americans to keep and bear books shall be respected in order to create a well-educated electorate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom