• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just wondering if anyone has experience with these and if they are worth the money? The eye relief is kind of short, 1.5" for the TA31F model. Not needing a battery is pretty cool.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I love my Trijicons. I have them on my hunting rigs to include my crossbow.

They are excellent in low light towards the end of hunting hours.

I have had issues with illuminated scopes that all you see is the crosshairs, and not the game in low light.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Ok, the eye relief is actually less than 1.5". I have a ta01nsn and I like it (had it a LONG time). The fiber optic lit units like the ta31 bloom too much in full sun for my taste. If you buy one, buy a product called a "scope fly" for it too. Neoprene cover with a zipper (hence fly) so you can expose more.or less of the fiber optic rod.

The eye relief blows but that's part of the bindon aiming concept. I like a good LPVO better but the ACOG is proven bomb proof.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    My thoughts, if you rely on them daily for your life (military), then yes. For the average Joe, I've never found the value. They have a lifespan, and I just don't think that it is good enough of a product AND I don't shoot enough to take advantage of its superiority to make it economically feasible.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    This looks interesting as an alternative. I guess what I really want is a 3 or 4X prism scope with an etched reticle that works if the battery craps out.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    This looks interesting as an alternative. I guess what I really want is a 3 or 4X prism scope with an etched reticle that works if the battery craps out.
    Haven't owned one so I can't comment effectively. Seen them on people's guns in classes and at the range. Smaller footprint, longer eye relief. For a range toy, give it a shot.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Used mine both in military and out all the time. Takes a lot of abuse in the field and always preforms as designed. As indicated by someone else the low light early dawn and sunset hunting time spans are perfect for use with this scope.

VHT4ME

Jan 7, 2021
    I've got a TA31 on my AR. The field of view and glass quality is awesome. I'm looking at a TA50 for my VZ58.

Mondial

Colt .45
    Nov 29, 2018
    Columbia
    I like the ACOG 3.5x35 on the AR15 vs the 4x32 model. Much better eye relief. Is this 3x similar?
    Really cannot go wrong with Trijicon.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    They are hard to beat. Better, when you find them used and cheap. If you look around ARFCOM you'll find refurbish ones from time to time.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    They are hard to beat. Better, when you find them used and cheap. If you look around ARFCOM you'll find refurbish ones from time to time.
    Be careful looking for Trijicon on the cheap. Some sellers will be selling 10-15 year old tritium optics, which means they are at the end of their life.

Will the still work? Absolutely. Just not as vibrantly as a new optic.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    If you have an ACOG just don't look through an Elcan Spectre DR. Those things gather even more light than an ACOG plus the reticle is illuminated by an LED.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Be careful looking for Trijicon on the cheap. Some sellers will be selling 10-15 year old tritium optics, which means they are at the end of their life.

Will the still work? Absolutely. Just not as vibrantly as a new optic.
    It’s $279 for new tritium and glass. I like buying them at sun $400 when old.

FZRracer400!

Nov 8, 2022
    RIP MD.
    Almost took the plunge on an ACOG a little over a year ago while I was at PSA. It was a Black Friday deal for about 800. I wanted one for awhile, but decided at the counter to skip it. Ended up with a PA Slx 3x micro prism. No Regerts.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Almost took the plunge on an ACOG a little over a year ago while I was at PSA. It was a Black Friday deal for about 800. I wanted one for a while, but decided at the counter to skip it. Ended up with a PA Slx 3x micro prism. No Regerts.

:D

rifle-556-ha.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom