• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    After receiving my permit I went on line and applied for my HQL. The last page I saw said my stored method of payment would be billed. I don't remember storing a method of payment but I might have. Neither of the two accounts I would have used have been charged anything. And I'm also thinking I started the process with a link apply for a "free HQL" somewhere one the state site. I haven't received any notifications since (its been under a week). I thought I'd ask here before routing around on the state's super clunky web site.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    You have to fill out “permit exempt” and it will not require any payment or new fingerprints
    This. I believe that "permit exempt" selected when starting an application. Screen shot below is from MSI's W&C page.

1674162465434.png

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    Did you enter your W&C permit number?
    I waited two weeks then noticed I didnt put in my number. About 4 days later I was approved

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    It is free and it's usually the same day or next morning if you did it correctly.

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    Approval comes by mail or email? It will be a week tomorrow but I figure I lost the long weekend. I did enter my permit number.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    You will get an email. Mine took about 2 weeks.

It is all over the place.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Check your spam filter. These go out in bulk and some servers filter then as spam because of that.

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    I'll check my spam filter but it looks like its still pending one week later and the ball'ss in MSP's court. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

8t4cBDK.jpg

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Logged onto portal useing same username and password . Let me in. clicked on new Hql and it won’t except mycretentials.
    Do you need to create a new account for Hql separate from account I have for Hql ?
    Kinda confusing

Longhorse

MSI Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2021
    Logged onto portal useing same username and password . Let me in. clicked on new Hql and it won’t except mycretentials.
    Do you need to create a new account for Hql separate from account I have for Hql ?
    Kinda confusing

Your account information for the HQL portion is separate from your portal account. If it’s your first time using the HQL portion of the MSP portal, you will need to create a new account just for the HQL portion.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I got my HQL after my CCW ... I did the exempt ,,, and they charged me $50.00 ... who do I see about getting my money back ?
    Not sure how that happened. If you select “HQL permit exempt” and enter your permit number it should bypass the fee.

Might want to double check your application, first.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    I did end up creating a separate account just for the HQL.
    Used my HGP number as training excempt and app went thru.
    Thanks

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    What if I need to renew my hql this year, and I get my permit whenever they send it, can I get my renewal on my gel free or is it just free for new permit holders only?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    What if I need to renew my hql this year, and I get my permit whenever they send it, can I get my renewal on my gel free or is it just free for new permit holders only?
    That would be one of the few cases where I would actually call them and ask.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I'm a little foggy, here. Are you in the middle of waiting for your first-time W&C Permit? Or have you passed that, but just don't have it physically in hand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom