• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    Don't see why not. The barrel's legal length. The HBAR crap shouldn't apply 'cuz of the caliber.

He just can't send ya the mags with it though.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I'd say no, steer clear of it @ all costs (so that I can bid/win it). :innocent0

Seriously tho, looks like it. 7 rd capacity is good, as long as overall length works, no description of that so check before. Should be good to go. Gotta be HBAR, no 2 evil features, as long as length is legal. I'd check w/your FFL transfer guy 1st tho, to be sure.

HBAR doesn't apply to anything other than 223/5.56. The baseline evil gun is a Colt AR-15. The chambering outside of those calibers removes the HBAR. That's why 300 AAC doesn't need an HBAR.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    HBAR doesn't apply to anything other than 223/5.56. The baseline evil gun is a Colt AR-15. The chambering outside of those calibers removes the HBAR. That's why 300 AAC doesn't need an HBAR.

Correct, was just pointing out in case he asked (someone will ask, this site historically speaking), that it really matters none in this case anyway since that big old SOCOM barrel is definitely a HBAR profile, caliber or no caliber.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    A quick peek at Ammoseek shows 500 Beowolf starting at $1.46/round and 458 SOCOM at $1.59/round. In spite of the difference, I'd go with the 458 because it uses AR mags and it is never hard to find them.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    No experience with the 458 SOCOM , but similar 50 Beowulf uses same 30 rd Standard PMAGS but only holds actual 7 or 8 (pretty sure). Big darn bullets!

A 20 round AR mag holds 7 rounds of 458 and a 30 round holds 10 rounds of 458. The 458 is a biggun'
    6360d9539258a9d7e65c5c7d2fe5a832.jpg

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    A 20 round AR mag holds 7 rounds of 458 and a 30 round holds 10 rounds of 458. The 458 is a biggun'
    6360d9539258a9d7e65c5c7d2fe5a832.jpg
    Saw on YouTube the SOCOM required mag upgrades, new follower I think. The Beowulf can use AR mags as is, no modifications. Also a big'un. If you're lazy as heck like I am, you'd go with the least amount of work, the Beowulf.

At least a YouTube says so, and apparently everything on YouTube is true.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Saw on YouTube the SOCOM required mag upgrades, new follower I think. The Beowulf can use AR mags as is, no modifications. Also a big'un. If you're lazy as heck like I am, you'd go with the least amount of work, the Beowulf.

At least a YouTube says so, and apparently everything on YouTube is true.

I didn't know that about the Beowulf. It's weird that it costs less per round than the SOCOM. They are both flying hammers, that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom