• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    21jdsmg.jpg

35ddgn6.jpg

I would really like one and heard its a 5$ AOW tax...

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'm not an expert on legality but I would think that's good to go in MD, but you'd need a $5 tax stamp. I don't think that's a SBS because it has a pistol grip.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm not an expert on legality but I would think that's good to go in MD, but you'd need a $5 tax stamp. I don't think that's a SBS because it has a pistol grip.

I wonder if MD would pull the "not on the handgun roster" card. :rolleyes:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I wonder if MD would pull the "not on the handgun roster" card. :rolleyes:

I think that's an AOW and not a handgun, but again I'm not well versed on legality. Everything good is illegal so who knows? Maryland would classify that as a nuclear bomb if they could ban it easier.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I think that's an AOW and not a handgun, but again I'm not well versed on legality. Everything good is illegal so who knows? Maryland would classify that as a nuclear bomb if they could ban it easier.

I know what WE consider it. Of course, given the fact that they are considering SBR's BOTH handguns AND rifles, what it to keep them from calling this a handgun AND and AOW?

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    They were legal in MD and considered a AOW provided they were built without a stock.
    With the new MDSP ruling I don't know what will happen with the AOW classification because it is NOT a SBS with out a stock.

Good Luck.

Chris

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    The new MSP Advisory states……."A person may not possess a SBS or SBR in Maryland unless that person is an 1.LEO 2. Member Armed Forces 3. Warden or C.O. 4. Sheriff or Deputy Sheriff. (or a citizen that has registered said weapon with the Federal Government in accordance with Federal law.) Additionally because PS 5-401© uses the definition of handgun from CR 4-201, a SBS or SBR must be approved by the HRB before manufactured for distribution or sale in Maryland."

Seems pretty clear that your example would be considered a regulated hand gun and thus has to be approved and placed on the Handgun Roster.

Maryland Law defines a SBS as "One with one or both barrels measuring less than 18 inches." or an overall length of less than 26 inches and manufactured from a rifle either by altercation or modification."

Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    The new MSP Advisory states……."A person may not possess a SBS or SBR in Maryland unless that person is an 1.LEO 2. Member Armed Forces 3. Warden or C.O. 4. Sheriff or Deputy Sheriff. (or a citizen that has registered said weapon with the Federal Government in accordance with Federal law.) Additionally because PS 5-401© uses the definition of handgun from CR 4-201, a SBS or SBR must be approved by the HRB before manufactured for distribution or sale in Maryland."

Seems pretty clear that your example would be considered a regulated hand gun and thus has to be approved and placed on the Handgun Roster.

Maryland Law defines a SBS as "One with one or both barrels measuring less than 18 inches." or an overall length of less than 26 inches and manufactured from a rifle either by altercation or modification."

Thanks for breaking it down for me. Thanks for all the input from everyone else. I agree if I want it I probably can't now in md...
    :/

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Thanks for breaking it down for me. Thanks for all the input from everyone else. I agree if I want it I probably can't now in md...
    :/

I don't believe anyone said that. If you want it, just petition the roster board for approval. Or, talk to some dealers about the possibility of getting one with no barrel less than 16 inches in length (would not be a handgun then.)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

IMHO, that is a direct violation of the 2nd amendment. 2A protects us from the government. MD is saying that only government enforcers can have the good guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom