• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I really appreciate all of the time and energy spent on providing info here. You guys are very passionate about your shooting! Still not 100% sure which setup I am going to get. But I am definitely going to spend the money to get a quality progressive press; you guys have talked me into that.

All teasing aside, I would suggest that you read read and more reading about all the differences in all the machines on the market. Make sure you understand the full differences in 4 and 5 station manual and fully progressive machines. Get out and meet guys and ask to try there machines. Take a reloading class or two. Most guys that reload are proud of what equipment they use no matter what it costs. And they will show it to you. Go forth and learn, Be safe and have fun. Coop

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    Just a quick note on the RCBS Powder cop vs Dillon powder check. I tried the powder cop and love the concept of locking up the press when the wrong powder charge is present and it is less expensive, but wish the powder cop used a metal rod instaed of plastic. The plastic builds up static electricity and powder goes all over the place. Also, the plastic rod mars over time with misaligned cases. I switched to the Dillon powder check and it is IMO much better. The Dillon powder check works on a LNL press to if you go that route.

I am staying out of the LNL vs Dillon 650 debate. I love my Dillons, but both presses seem to be well designed.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    OH MY GOD,,,,,,,,, Mike also likes DILLON'S little circuit board that hold a silly battery that make buzzing sound when the powder level is out of spec !!!!! The humanity of it all....

:omg::omg::omg::omg:

Too late now Mikey,, Your in the mix now..

DocSavage

The Man of Bronze
    May 30, 2012
    Crofton
    I use the Hornady Powder Cop thingy. Works pretty well, but you must watch every round.

Can you show how the Dillon works on my LnL? I'm game for blending of tech, 'specially if it makes me safer?

Cheers,

Doc

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    The other thing I like about the Dillon powder checker is that I bought extra rods for each caliber and preset them to the powder charge I want. I bought only one alarm system....works great and it is fast to change out just the preset rod and use the same powder checker alarm system.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Hornady now has their own audible alarms and control panel. I don't know much about it but it monitors powder measure level, primer level, primer slide, and powder charge. Personally I think its a bit overkill but if someone is looking for those safeguards they are available. The Deluxe kit includes the control panel and the following sensors for $215:

primer level
    powder measure level
    primer slide
    powder charge (straight wall pistol cases only)

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/31...oad-deluxe-control-panel?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    About blending technologies. Nothing wrong in that. The dies, powder checks and so on don't know what machine they are on. I always wanted to use the Lee bullet collator but always heard it was unreliable from different sources so I just forgot about it. I use a Lee powder measure on my 550. I like, it works and I'll not thrilled with the adjustable charge bars from any manufacturer. Just my preference. A many of us do we mix what we like with what works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom