Is this kind of shotgun legal in Maryland?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    You can get a Curcit Judge... those are .410/.45 Colt and are allowed because they have a rifled barrel.
    This. Just mind the positioning of your support arm (or face if you have the biometrics of an amazing horse) relative to the cylinder gap if you get one.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Love my Circuit Judge, fun to shoot and everyone else enjoys it when I take it to the range. Just about always shoot 45LC

wb3jma

Nov 15, 2020
    Belcamp, MD Harford County
    You can get a Curcit Judge... those are .410/.45 Colt and are allowed because they have a rifled barrel.
    I guess I should have known better that to ask given the mind set or people that write these laws to begin with and not have a lick of common sense behind the act.

So you can't own a 5 shot revolving shotgun but you can own a 5 shot semi auto shotgun but you can have a combo of both shotgun/rifle with a revolving action as long as it's rifled.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    No, just a few buckshot at about 10 yards, made a big hole
    Thanks. I was just curious. I have a .45LC revolver, and 410 Mossberg pump for the wife and daughter, and was just wondering how the Circuit Judge would do since it could shoot both.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I guess I should have known better that to ask given the mind set or people that write these laws to begin with and not have a lick of common sense behind the act.

So you can't own a 5 shot revolving shotgun but you can own a 5 shot semi auto shotgun but you can have a combo of both shotgun/rifle with a revolving action as long as it's rifled.
    It’s a ban that was centered around the Street Sweeper
    So scary

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Am I missing something, or is Taurus no longer making the Circuit Judge? I can't find it on their website, and the few distributers I looked at were out of stock.

Also, it seems to me they may have missed an opportunity with it. It appears to have an 18" barrel, but, since it is a rifle (correct? I mean, that's why it's not a MD street sweeper, right?) it only needs a 16" barrel...right? Sneaky way to have a slightly SBS that isn't an SBS.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    This. Just mind the positioning of your support arm (or face if you have the biometrics of an amazing horse) relative to the cylinder gap if you get one.
    The LKCI the OP linked to appears to have a guard on both sides covering the gap. Hadn't seen that done before. Pressure still has to go around it but at least the flame/jet isn't directly impinging on your vienna sausages if you get careless.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    funny how a semi auto SG is a-ok but the revolver one is not. hmmm

Banning semi auto shotguns would have brought on the wrath of all the hunters who would normally not be concerned because most bans don't affect them.

It makes sense if you remember that they will ban everything they possibly can, not specifically because it is dangerous, but just because they can.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Banning semi auto shotguns would have brought on the wrath of all the hunters who would normally not be concerned because most bans don't affect them.

It makes sense if you remember that they will ban everything they possibly can, not specifically because it is dangerous, but just because they can.
    oh, I agree. Just another example of how they have no clue except BAN, BAN, BAN..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom