• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    CA gun seizure ongoing CA Attorney General Kamalla Harris

Yea I'm sure the son was perfectly normal before just snapping.

Unfortunately even if the parents reached out to mental health facilities (perhaps they did, we don't know), it's a very high burden to keep someone confined against their will. Years ago these people wouldn't be allowed out in socirty. Freedom has a price, and we should have the freedom to have adequate means (public carry) to protect ourselves.

This is going to fuel CA Attorney General Kamalla Harris' agenda to carry on her current sweep of confiscations. She combined medical records (think Obamacare) with gun registrations (not a joke and not paranoid speculation) and has already begun to send SWAT teams to the homes of lawful citizens. See linked video with Kamalla Harris boasting this proudly.

CA calls this an Armed Prohibited Persons System (APPS) list that Kamella Harris is pushing the Vice President to launch nation wide. One woman (a nurse) suffered from anxiety attacks and self-reported. Kamalla Harris sent armed forces to surround her home and seize hers and her husband's guns, without a means to do the same for actual violent offenders.

Kamalla Harris is sure to turn this month's CA incident (of stabbings and vehicular assaults) into a cautionary tale to support her move to pad statistics showing dangerous guns removed from the streets on her watch.

NRA News | Ginny Simone Special Report: "APPS: California's Universal Registration Scheme" http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DwRvDXq8ft8

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Some folks have said the cops blew it because they interviewed him, found nothing wrong and left. His parents blew it. Cops can't know a person's mental state from a 10 minute encounter.

This POS' parents knew his mental state. They were too busy in Hollywood to worry about this ticking time bomb they raised.

Put the blame where it belongs-bad parenting.

Library Guy

Library Marksmanship Unit
    May 25, 2012
    Cognitive Dissonance (California Edition)

Background checks?
    Gun registration?
    Waiting period?
    Assault weapon ban?
    Magazine size limit?
    Access to mental health professional?
    Prescribed anti-depressants?
    Police tipped off?

Yes to all.

Mummy & Daddy, of the second tier Hollywood royalty, even gave poor wittle Elliot a BMW. How could this have happened here? Oh, the rednecks in the NRA did it…

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Cognitive Dissonance (California Edition)

Background checks?
    Gun registration?
    Waiting period?
    Assault weapon ban?
    Magazine size limit?
    Access to mental health professional?
    Prescribed anti-depressants?
    Police tipped off?

Yes to all.

Mummy & Daddy, of the second tier Hollywood royalty, even gave poor wittle Elliot a BMW. How could this have happened here? Oh, the rednecks in the NRA did it…

http://granitegrok.com/blog/2014/05/notable-quote-jeff-snyder

“To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow… For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding.”

-Jeff Snyder

I think this sums up progressivism and gun control perfectly

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Yea I'm sure the son was perfectly normal before just snapping.

Unfortunately even if the parents reached out to mental health facilities (perhaps they did, we don't know), it's a very high burden to keep someone confined against their will. Years ago these people wouldn't be allowed out in socirty. Freedom has a price, and we should have the freedom to have adequate means (public carry) to protect ourselves.

When Elliot Rodger's parents realized just how dangerous their disturbed son was, they made a desperate attempt to try to stop him.

His parents' desperate response was just one of many failed chances to stop Rodger, but he never crossed a threshold that would require a legal response. :bs:

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Daddy bought him a BMW and guns but couldn't give the kid a weekend at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch or with some LA call girl?

Also, seems Daddy's favorite pass time was traveling the world and taking pictures of the Step Mommy's naked ass and passing it off as artwork.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    30 years agi in Vegas I took a friend to the Bunny Ranch for his pre wedding tube cleaning. There was actually an" Eliot Roger" type of loser kid there who's Mom paid to get his first piece of tail. She even paid for the limo parked out front.

Now that's some good parenting.

xgaspx

Pennsylvania Ex-Pat
    May 31, 2013
    Maryland
    Multiple news outlets have been reporting that Rodgers had around 40 loaded ten-round mags with him when he went on this rampage. Can the anti-gun lobby stop preaching about mag limits as the solution to mass shooting now? I need to cross state lines to Virginia and be made to feel like a criminal just so I can buy a STANDARD 12-round mag for my .40 handgun. Yet this Rodgers kid can still commit mass murder in the state with our nation's most restrictive gun laws. Brilliant.

And, his first victims were killed with edged weapons? Time to legislate the length of kitchen knives used by law-abiding citizens.

Sirex