• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Been on my bucket list for a while, and with upcoming birthday was going to get myself something nice !

Only problem is cannot find one anywhere. When started my search I knew bad time to buy a rifle but figured lever actions might be spared from some of the nonsense, but wow was I wrong. Spoke to a dealer yesterday, they essentially said good luck as they cannot even order and the 21’s were already “allotted”. Not sure the validity of that info.

Anyone have any ideas, seen one for sale, or know of a dealer that can get hands on one for reasonable price ? Did find one for sale at auction for about twice going rate before all of the panic buying.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Been on my bucket list for a while, and with upcoming birthday was going to get myself something nice !

Only problem is cannot find one anywhere. When started my search I knew bad time to buy a rifle but figured lever actions might be spared from some of the nonsense, but wow was I wrong. Spoke to a dealer yesterday, they essentially said good luck as they cannot even order and the 21’s were already “allotted”. Not sure the validity of that info.

Anyone have any ideas, seen one for sale, or know of a dealer that can get hands on one for reasonable price ? Did find one for sale at auction for about twice going rate before all of the panic buying.
    If you can wait until late January, I have an early (to my understanding it is the 111th rifle of that model to leave the factory) Color Case Hardened 45-70 that I'll be looking to get rid of. I have taken it to the range a few times, but it has not been abused at all. I love it, but just don't use it for anything.

I'd sell it to you today but I won't be back in town until the new year.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Absolutely, when you get back in town please do let me know. I appreciate it !

Yeah, looking to diversify and lever guns have always had an appeal especially that one. With the addition of straight wall by dnr certainly moved it up the list to use for a sit or two.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Absolutely, when you get back in town please do let me know. I appreciate it !

Yeah, looking to diversify and lever guns have always had an appeal especially that one. With the addition of straight wall by dnr certainly moved it up the list to use for a sit or two.
    Sounds good, if you don’t hear from me by late January please PM me. I also have a lot of 45-70 ammo I’d be happy to sell you, depending on what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom