• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    I'm not a certified welder and I don't weld on other peoples cars (for liability reasons) but you are more than welcome to come use my welder in Dundalk if you want to do it yourself. If you haven't welded before I have plenty of scrap steel laying around you can practice with.

Also there is autofab race cars in elkridge one rt 1. I've used them a few times for service and parts and they have been good to work with.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Learning to weld is one thing on my list. I hope to attend a class at ACCC. For this project, I am hoping to keep up the progress, and looking for someone to do the job. I appreciate the offer !!

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    George's Welding Services 4106362650

They are on Ft. Smallwood Rd right off the beltway.

Owner is a great guy and hard supporter of the 2A.

I've had them weld some weird stuff for me and they do a great job.

brighid

Feb 6, 2013
    here
    I'll third on Wits End Fabrication. They are in Millersville off Veterans Highway. I'm friends with the owner. He takes pride in his work and is good at what he does.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Got an email in with Wits. When the parts come I will just stop in with it all and day, here.

Thanks guys.

And hey, someone buy my 870 Wingmaster. I NEED money to finish up this build for the time being....

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    What are you building?

I have welded various BMW reinforcement pieces over the years. But as others have said, don't do them for "public" due to liability.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    M30 swap in an E30. Garagistic front frame reinforcement tabs..better able to wear the increase in torque.

Already thinking of my next project.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Not trying to compare it to your project. Sounds like you are doing it right. Awaiting pictures...

Sorry if it seems I came across offended. I am not. I am pretty focused with my build. I have great difficulty in overlooking the "while you are in there" things. I have the front end suspension off for the most part and just gave me another 30 things to do. Repaint items. Replace bushings. Refurbish/replace bolts. :rolleyes:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=361749

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Sorry if it seems I came across offended. I am not. I am pretty focused with my build. I have great difficulty in overlooking the "while you are in there" things. I have the front end suspension off for the most part and just gave me another 30 things to do. Repaint items. Replace bushings. Refurbish/replace bolts. :rolleyes:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=361749

No, you're good. You sound like a detail kinda guy. That is me, too. Do it right the first time. Get to know the car from top to bottom. I built my first race car with a book and took it to driving school. Eventually you learn quicker ways to do things, but there are no shortcuts.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I enjoy the details. The complex job broken into countless little simple jobs.

Already thinking of my next project. I'd like a Porsche or another BMW perhaps from the 80s...or 70s. Or convert a car to electric.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I enjoy the details. The complex job broken into countless little simple jobs.

Already thinking of my next project. I'd like a Porsche or another BMW perhaps from the 80s...or 70s. Or convert a car to electric.

Air cooled 911 would be sweet, but $$$$. I was looking into a 240Z or a 928 or maybe even a 914 and putting a flat 6 in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom